Spike Lee Joint

mentalattica

Just a Home Recorder
Nothing to do with music or hip-hop but did anyone catch the Spike Lee documentary on Katrina? Man that sh*t bought back bad memories even though it seemed like yesterday. But it's one of the most accurate reportings I've seen so far because they were talking to actual people after the fact but it still doesn't reflect being here and seeing the sh*t we've seen. Man I swear If I didn't love New Orleans I wouldn't have come back.

yeah..i seen it was on last night..i missed it but you HBO will show it all month..

i think part 2 comes on tonight..

I heard he did a good job on the film in getting both sides of the whole thing and wasny basis on the fact..i might check it this weekend or sometimes..gotta make sure im in somewhat of a decent mode to watch it...it reall depressing to see it..IMO

Thx. Man we bounced up to D.C. fast after Katrina, I never thought I'd be that glad to be back up that way.

Actually day before the hurricane we went to a shelter not too far from here so it was easier for us to leave the following day especially since we left before the levee's broke. Then we went to Birmingham to a hotel for 2 weeks and that's where we found out about the levee's breaking. One of my boys was on T.V. getting rescued on a boat with his grandparents I was like DAMN this dude ain't leave?!?! It wasn't like we could even call anybody though to check on them cause the cell phones were down.

I was happy as hell to see he was o.k. then I started getting Text Messages from people who were still in New Orleans and the area, so even though the phones were down we could still communicate through text messages for a few days or until people's cell phone batteries went dead from all the texting.

After that they were talking about "Don't return home for atleast a month, the city is closed down" so we went back "home" to D.C. for about 2 months.

It was wild to be back in D.C. and see so many people from New Orleans up there too. Some of the kids were in school in PG County, before it even made the news I was like "that's gonna be some trouble there"...lol sure enough you know it didn't matter to the people in MD that these n*ggaz just lost their homes, they was startin sh*t with them. Good thing most of the aftermath if over for the most part.

Yeah I heard about faggots startin ish w/ their own people from da REAL LA : )...man Im glad u made it through...its real people like u that alwayz lend a hand not expectin nothin in return...n I appreciate u 4 dat fam ~Noddy~

Back