So what has everyone been doing so far this year!

illsoulprod

Ill Soul Productions
I see alot of new digital faces around here but there doesn't really seem to be alot of moving going on. But that's not why I'm here. So what's been up my people new and old. I personally just got finished renovating the studio and now my studio is equipped with some behringer bcfLs and a fully functioning booth. Repainted the studio room and area as well as fitted it with acoustic treatment so sound is a beautiful thing (it's funny how the world sounds outside of an untreated room isn't it).
Anyway since I'm running a pro tools based studio I've been getting alot more work mixing wise as well as recording wise. The album is all done as far as recording goes and I'm mixing as we type. My audio classes are all done (online course from over @ homestudiocorner.com) and I'm loving the fact that my fiance and me can sit down and make music together and get paid for it :). So as I talk the CEO to the label I'm signing to again I ask my fellow homerecording alumni and newbies... What's up yall!!!

Oh that's too funny I just finished doing the same thing to my place... something about fresh paint and curtains really change your work environment. I picked up a mackie control universal... I looked around for something expandable for tools and with a good track record. I built some panels a few months back and yes it really does improve the way you hear things in your room. I'm working on a design for a sound diffusor behind my mix station... hard to find cheap materials for that...I have issues paying big bucks for styrofoam....

I've finally worked all the demons out of my pro-tools setup. Picked up a digimax fs and am running vox all digital.. no more hum and clicks!!! Also went bigger on the studio monitors... started out with some Rokit 5's got a great deal on some 8's... wow I was really missing alot with those 5's.

My focus for this year is emersive learning...I'm checking your recording class out.. really sounds like the way to go. Congrats again on that recording contract!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0431.gif
    IMG_0431.gif
    45 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 42
i see ya girl lol you keep moving and i appreciate the thanks
I'll post some pics later this week. Other than that im just trying to move in a positive direction and keep making more strides in mixing and making music as a whole

i will have finished my first year in college by july, ive been making beats for about 3-4 years now, starting to take it seriously now, i manage to get about 2-3 done a week im gonna try and get it noticed now, thats about it for me

I have become lazy...:( havent really been doing anything but getting ready to retire from the Military... and getting ready to figure out the design for my studio at the house..

did a few recordings but other then that.. just trying to get back into the swing of things.. need to back up data on my Command Station to start making new stuff...

Back