Recoding DJ mixes in stereo on my computer

pilzner420

So I am obviously a newb when it comes to recording DJ mixes but what i want to do seems very simpe. I just want to record in stereo.

I bought an external sound card that connects to my laptop via usb. I have a Y rca cable to plug into the "line in" port (it is not in the "mic" port) of the external sound card from my dj mixer which is analog.

The mix records fine in mono but for the life of me i can not figure out how to record it in Stereo. I am using wavepad to record. I have tried it on two seperate laptops so i know its not the computers.

This has been haunting me for the past 2 months. Please Please Please can someone give me some direction or feedback as to what i can do to get it to record in stereo? Thank you for any help you can give

I'll be honest with you. I would seriously reconsider using a usb sound card for recording anything. Not the best thing to really use, but if all you have is your laptop, I can see why you're doing it.

Now moving on...if I'm not mistaken isn't there a setting for stereo recording on each track on wavepad. I know there is in Cubase and I'm pretty sure I saw it on Wavepad somewhere but I'm not 100% sure.

Also you may want to double check your wiring...because some adapters are mono and some are stereo. I learned this one the hard way when I bought an adapter to plug into my sound card's output section. I was only able to hear out of one ear. Had to go get a stereo adapter. But in recording, it really shouldn't matter. I'm thinking that it's something in the software.

Fiev.

Back