Protools experts.. need some help

dnkygirl

M42 Entertainment
Hi All,

Ok so i've decided to do everything in protools...yeah I know. So that means having to learn how to do basic stuff all over again. How do you match say a vocal to click tempo in protools? I've been looking for tutorials and I can't find anything. I just figured out how to do pitched snares today.. so it's like school house 101 at my place. I finally figured out the new comp tools today as well... geez whiz i'm slow. Reason really does make you lazy... once you start to try to do some of the same tricks in other software you find out just how simple it really is...

See chapt 33 page 689 of the documentation for Identify Beat command. This will help you line the vocal to the grid. There is also very good warping fundtionality and check the Beat Detective. I hope this helps.

See chapt 33 page 689 of the documentation for Identify Beat command. This will help you line the vocal to the grid. There is also very good warping fundtionality and check the Beat Detective. I hope this helps.

Thanks... I've got alot to review in this whole section... found the manual on the digi site.. totally forgot about the reference manual!!!

Ok folks,

After spending all day reading.., stopping, starting and learning more about protools.. here's my first dirty south song in protools... comments and suggestions are always welcome... thank you!!!

This is unmixed/mastered... that's the next phase in the school house... :o)

Top Down (Not mixed)

Last edited:
Ok I have mixed this and tweaked the sounds some. I also changed the tempo to 100 anything faster and it sounded strange. Anyone want to colaborate on this one?

Top Down (Mixed)

Back