A professional product?

Flick

I am on a path to become a proessional producer and sound engineer. I will be learning Pro tools, since it is industry standards...

however, I need to know what kind of software sequencer do you prefer in making hip hop music? I have been using acid pro 3.0 for a year and ahlf, and need something that incorporates MIDI and can turn out a professional sound. I have begun to learn Cubase sx (i kinda like the outlay of cubase 5.1 a little better) and it appears that the editing may be a little dificult. I have heard good things about sonar, and good things about cool edit.

So to all you out there, what direction should I go software sequencer-wise? Cubase sx? Cubase 5.1? sonar? tell me what you all think, and why?

thanks so much

Sequencers are a personal choice , it depends on your style of working.. many users choose cubase and cakewalk to compatiable with other users..but on a professional level "LEARN THEM ALL!"
-Cubase 5.x -Logic Platinum -Cakewalk/Sonar -Digital Performer
-Pro Tools (i havent touched this one yet)

most sequencers are basically the same with a few twists and turns here and there, but learn them all if possible.persoanlly i use XGworks for my MIDI work because its THE BEST sequencer for XG

Use whats best for you

If you want to become professional sound engineer I would recommend you learn the more commericial sequencers.....

Cubase, Logic, Nuendo Digital Performer etc... So you will be able to work with 90% of potential clients....

But as a producer.... I would use what is the most comfortable sequencer... That isn't confusing to you....

I personally like

Nuendo -- I don't use the sequencer (Just audo and mixing) but it looks very easy to learn....

Raticus
http://www.mp3.com/chopshop

Back