production help

gullyjewelz

I met a chick that wants to sing - she needs music - and has a sound for rnb/pop like . . . beyonce and neyo . . . any takers?

I would like to take on more artist.. but i just picked up 2 more clients to work with..

I will see if I have anything that she could use.. send me a demo or her singing so i get get a feel for her voice...

hmmm . . . question . . . not sure how to "work" this . . . i initially did the discussion as a recording studio - so at that time i was only interested in getting $25/hr for recording time . . . however shorty has . . . "nothing" - no tracks . . . should i charge her for obtaining the tracks as well - or just put that into the "time" it takes to have the recordign session . . .

or should i try to have her sign a "production" agreement and we work together?

whats the pros and cons of these two options? (I think i know, but wanna feel it out first)

keep it movin.
Thats a lot of work even if she $$$$
it prolly won't add up in time/work for
you in the end.

hmmm . . . question . . . not sure how to "work" this . . . i initially did the discussion as a recording studio - so at that time i was only interested in getting $25/hr for recording time . . . however shorty has . . . "nothing" - no tracks . . . should i charge her for obtaining the tracks as well - or just put that into the "time" it takes to have the recordign session . . .

whats the pros and cons of these two options? (I think i know, but wanna feel it out first)

I know I do $25/hr with a min. of 2 hrs.. i say hook her up with few freebie to show her what you can do with recording her...

tru dat! im trippin cuz i run into so many pplz even for recording their tish - they turn into non-starters - when even $1 comes up for payment . . . shorty has gone to the wayside already!
lol

I see it this way fam...if you think she's that dedicated to her shit, then by all means charge. The minute you charge somebody, you're gonna know how for real they are with theirs...they run or try to haggle you, fuck em...let em go.

You wanna do a production deal with her...just know it IS a lot of work and not too much to gain from it. Me myself, I only do that with folks that I know gonna be around for a while and have shown their loyalty to me for a long ass time...and even then, I still own everything they ever did in my studio (I can use it as a portfolio if nothing else). I may also do this if I have someone constantly bringing me money from hustling my company for me. Actually, I may wind up doing this same thing with my nephew's rap group (and BOY do they need serious WORK), but in return, my sister is gonna pass me the cash to buy a nice CD duplicator so that I can do almost everything from the studio except print the artwork and CDs, and on the off chance that they do get signed, I take 75% of the signing bonus that they get. Fair deal to me if it all goes as planned.

i say depends on her strive to work and the potential you see in her...ive gotten tracks from producers and recorded artists for free to see what they could do and what they were all about...sometimes iono i just like to see what other people are about juss for the love of music. in the end i feel its important for people to take chances on people...i say see what she can do!

Back