the OFFICIAL Fruity Loops / FL Studio thread

FruityLoopsPro

whattup peoples,

Fruity Loops / FL Studio is an ill program for making hip-hop and rnb music. I've been using it since version 3 (it's now up to version 6) and I couldn't be happier with it. Everybody knows 9th Wonder uses Fruity Loops but a LOT of up and coming producers such as Khysis and P Midi also use this great program

if you'd like to see a video of someone recreating a Jay-Z / DJ Premier song using Fruity Loops, then peep this link;

http://beatmaking.blogspot.com/2006/01/jay-z-million-and-one-questions-remake.html

to get a 10% discount when you buy Fruity Loops / FL Studio click this link;

http://www.flstudio.com/promo.asp?p=DFGFDF417

who else uses Fruity Loops on here?

holla

I have FL Studio. I use it. But you still don't need to introduce yourself to our forum with the "Buy my software" spam that you did. A lot of cats here use it, so we welcome you as someone who can help us... but please don't make your inclusion in this forum about making sales. We don't appreciate spam.

that video was sick...... gave me some inspiration cause I could neva quite learn how to use fruity loops..... maybe ill try it again

youngace191 said:
can u post a video on how to use it lol i got mad drum kits and stuff but dont no wat to do with it

haha,

peep this video first as it explains the basics

you can also download the getting started guide for free at www.flstudio.com

if you're still having problems after that, say exactly what you want to see and I'll try and make a video for you or something

peace

I dont use fruity but i will keep checking this thread because there will prolly be some good tips here as well

I've been using fl studio 4 for a little while now and i was wondering if there anywais to get more sounds? im getting tired of the same drums over and over, anyone have any idea where to find sounds for fl?

Marc Mag said:
I've been using fl studio 4 for a little while now and i was wondering if there anywais to get more sounds? im getting tired of the same drums over and over, anyone have any idea where to find sounds for fl?

check your pm

I got a question for you, fam.

Is there an automated way of finding the tempo of a sample or loop, in FL?

I've always done it manually, adjusting the tempo until I can get it to loop correctly... Is there an easier way to do that?

Change of POETS said:
I got a question for you, fam.

Is there an automated way of finding the tempo of a sample or loop, in FL?

I've always done it manually, adjusting the tempo until I can get it to loop correctly... Is there an easier way to do that?

yeah, there is a way detecting the tempo. load the sample into a channel, right click on the visual of the sample and select "detect tempo" and it will run through a wizard to help you detect the tempo.

you can peep that Jay Z beat remake at about the 4:30 mark to see this done via screen capture

peace fam

FruityLoopsPro said:
yeah, there is a way detecting the tempo. load the sample into a channel, right click on the visual of the sample and select "detect tempo" and it will run through a wizard to help you detect the tempo.

you can peep that Jay Z beat remake at about the 4:30 mark to see this done via screen capture

peace fam
Dope. Good looks on that.

FL Studio for ROCK!! + Tutorial and Book

I just recently purchased fl studio 6 producer. It is a real bitch to get the hang of at first, but I am starting to see the potential. i just released my 3rd album "Acousticide" and I wish I had this when i was doing it. This is going to enhance my rock style perfectly and add some more groovy beats and interesting sounds. i have always used the Alesis SR-16, but I am hoping I can use the Midi out to program the fruity drums?? I am a solo acoustic performer and i can use this to record background tracks when i gig. here is a cool tutorial site I found that helped me a lot.

I guess the recommendation is to recorded the timed stuff on FL and export it to another recording program. i am assuming it would also be alright to do that and then put a semi-finished mix back into FL to add some sound and non time-essential stuff, and then put it all back into a program. There's a lot more to knw so I will check back.

http://www.fltutorials.com/tutorials.htm
There is also a newer FL studio Book out

Dylan Moses
www.dylanmoses.com

acousticide said:
I just recently purchased fl studio 6 producer. It is a real bitch to get the hang of at first, but I am starting to see the potential. i just released my 3rd album "Acousticide" and I wish I had this when i was doing it. This is going to enhance my rock style perfectly and add some more groovy beats and interesting sounds. i have always used the Alesis SR-16, but I am hoping I can use the Midi out to program the fruity drums?? I am a solo acoustic performer and i can use this to record background tracks when i gig. here is a cool tutorial site I found that helped me a lot.

I guess the recommendation is to recorded the timed stuff on FL and export it to another recording program. i am assuming it would also be alright to do that and then put a semi-finished mix back into FL to add some sound and non time-essential stuff, and then put it all back into a program. There's a lot more to knw so I will check back.

http://www.fltutorials.com/tutorials.htm
There is also a newer FL studio Book out

Dylan Moses
www.dylanmoses.com

sounds real interesting man.

Back