New Toys

jb4play

Since business is going well I've decided to pamper my home studio once again with some new toys to play with. On the list is the Grace Designs Model 101 (replacing my M Audio Audiobuddy) Preamp, M Audio Project Mix I/O Mixer (replacing my M Audio Delta 44), and M Audio Trigger Finger (replacing my Akai MPC 2K XL **Reason is a monster**). Any of you have personal experience w/ any of these units? I've read a lot of reviews and feedback but I wouldn't mind hearing some from you guys to help my decision. I also may be getting rid of my Behringer Truth 2031a's for some Event 20/20's, Dynaudio BM5a's, or some low level Genelecs. Maybe even the new JBL's w/ the room configuring mode (any of you heard any 'views on these new monitors?) I'm still iffy on grabbing the Motif ES Rack as well... Hit me up if you guys have any opinions!

Haven't really tried those. I need to get the M Audio Trigger Finger! Everyone's talking about it.

BUT, don't get the Event 20/20! I have tried the Event series and it sounds to hollow. Try KRK. They always sound open and clear. I had to sell my Events for KRK. I'm happy now...

You can't go wrong with a Motif...

BeatsBuY said:
Haven't really tried those. I need to get the M Audio Trigger Finger! Everyone's talking about it.

BUT, don't get the Event 20/20! I have tried the Event series and it sounds to hollow. Try KRK. They always sound open and clear. I had to sell my Events for KRK. I'm happy now...

Any suggestions on a sub?

Preciate it mane! Yea, imma bout to get the trigger finger real soon, I miss the mpc like pads and being able to freestyle drums instead of placing a button in a grid.

jb4play said:
Preciate it mane! Yea, imma bout to get the trigger finger real soon, I miss the mpc like pads and being able to freestyle drums instead of placing a button in a grid.

Ya, that's why I'm thinking of getting the trigher finger cause I have producers use Reason but want the mpc feel...

I know the M-Audio has more controls but the famous Akai pads might make up the difference for some people.

I just got the the TF this week and let me tell you... It's the piece i've been missing. I ditched the MPC for Reason this year b/c Reason allowed me to work faster (I hated having to load samples through a scsi cd rom and look at that small ass green screen). My only complaint about Reason was having to do drums w/a mouse( I'm not into the whole playing drums w/ a keyboard thing, and placing drums in a grid just seems unnatural/robitic/loopish to me...) Getting the TF and getting it configured, I have 10 programs corresponding to it's 10 drum channels, each prog controls each drum channels play button, 2 faders control the channel lvl and overall lvl, and I have the 3 bottom faders controling pan, pitch, and vel to lvl. Now I can sit back, not be near my equipment and just bang out drums and enjoy it instead of being in front of a pc keyboard and mouse clicking away. Basically gave me the old mpc pads feel that I love w/ much more control and support for reason. Best of both worlds if you ask me. I got mine for 149.94 (you heard it right) NIB. Lol, hell, to top that I didn't even buy it, a female friend of mine did (it was either a TF or an iPod Nano... I choose the TF). I suggest you try the TF, I've heard the MPD's pads and drivers suck, but since I haven't tried it, I can only vouch for the TF.

BeatsBuY said:

i got the event ps6 powered monitors and i have been pretty happy with them. ihad the chance to go up to the ps8 or 20/20 but i didnt like the sound of them

Back