New guy here, lots of tracks done

CBK

Hey guys and girls. I have been producing since around 1992. I started on an old alessis hr-16b and then stepped up to the eps 16 and then to the asr-10. I am currently using fruity loops, but I really want to get reason 3.0. Feel free to check out my music. I have been rapping for about as long and some of these are songs that are half ass mixed down. I also do some scratching and a bit of that is up there too. If any of you happened to have heard the famous afk leeroy scratch remix on the web, I am the person that produced and scratched that.

www.soundclick.com/coldbloodedkiller

PS My lyrics are EXTREMELY profane and please don't say I didn't warn you...
-Later
ColdBlooded Killer

Last edited:
you got 45 views but you probably have not got any replies because you only have 3 post and 2 of em are yours you gotta peep other cats stuff to get feedback. This is a real sharing community as long as you are sharing as well

Well I am not trying to promote myself here, just trying to get a bit of feedback. Opinions are welcome, please let me know what you guys think.

CBK said:
Well I am not trying to promote myself here, just trying to get a bit of feedback. Opinions are welcome, please let me know what you guys think.

Its not just about promoting but sharing knowledge around here was all i was saying. stick around and become active and you will see what i mean.welcome to HR

Hey thanks for the welcome. Really I am trying to get some input from Reason users that have also used some sampling workstations and/or fruity loops. I have the demo to reason 3.0 but I can't really figure it out without a midi board.
-Later

Whats good and welcome to the HR.com fam..

I peeped a few tracks..and I mist say you got something goin there..

(I'm Listening on computer speakers at work)
The Psycho- real nice beat..think it needs that lil john 808 drop..
AFK - remix was nice
Creepy Show- Nice Holloween theme(has been done a few times)
Its good to Be Me- Im loving the drums..MR, X to the Z would blaze this track

you def. got a nice thing goin ..keep doin it big..stay up..peace

I'm feeling that AFK remix, your cuts were sharp and on time. I feeling the psycho beat too/ like B said you might want to add some 808 drop in it. Try to explore new sounds and melodies with your music. A couple of them sounded real similar. I got to be honest, I wasn't really feelin your lyrics too tuff. They weren't really bringin' nothin new to the game, and it's like overkill on that dissin women theme. Sounds like you're pretty angry with the women.

Hey thanks for the feedback guys. I don't understand what you are saying about the psycho beat. It does have a rather heavy 808 open kick and a tight kick that alternate. By drop do you mean a pitch down 808?

As far as the lyrics, ya it has been done before, but I am trying to do it to an insane degree that has not been done before. Too-Short and 2 Live are my favorite groups of all time, and it has been a while since someone did some stuff like that. Really I have nothing against women at all and it is just for fun. I do put alot of work into my rhyme schemes, but honestly I don't really try to be the worlds best lyricist, I just try to make catchy music. That is probably why alot of it sounded familiar. I will actually take that as a complement.

There isn't too much that a white guy can rap about without sounding stupid really. I don't want to fake and be all hard. I don't want to be like eminem or bubba sparx. I just want to be known as a good all around artist. I don't know of that many white guys out there than can rap, produce, and scratch.

-Later

"The Psycho"-Damn dis is nice but da only thing u need is a harder hittin kick. But im feelin it.

"Creep Show Intro"-Ok lil intro very catchy and scary.

You have some nice material and i look to hear from u again.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I just need to boost up that 808 a bit on that track. I have always had a bad habbit of putting too much bass in my mix and I may be over compensating for that now. The bass doesn't kick in until 16 bars into it also tho.

By the way, the intro beat is meant to be just that. I know others have done a halloween type track, but no one has ever really done an exact note by note reproduction of it.

Make sure you go down and check out a bit of all of the other tracks too. I have only recently gone back to more of a down south feel. I was doing a minimalistic "neptunze" type of style for a while there that I still think is pretty hot.

-Later

Creepy Show Intro reminds me of Three Six back in the day....they always repped that kind of shit. Psycho is good, I agree with bknot it needs that 808 drop.

Keep on grinding and do what you do.

Fie.

Glad to see you stuck around I think you will have a lot to offer the community and get a lot as well

The psycho - sounds good I would have like the hats up a lil louder or anoher stick hitting around the 8th good instruments tho nice suttle changes.

leroy- not feeling this one but the scratching is tight excelent display of scratching ability

intro- michael myers intro nice. i kept waiting for it to break into something hot. mixinfg in the next cut after this intro on a live show would be hot

good to be me- got that petey pablo sound to your vocals lyrics quite explicit but you did say that at the start. with yo voice you could tone it back and still hit hard but you do what works for you cuz i'm sure 50 cats told short dog and luke the same in the begining didnt stop they paper tho

mop da floor- tight track nuff said

holla back- bass beating sounds good hook got that got that early cash money sound i would have liked a breakdown in here

drunk chick- dam son you be hard on the women dont you.lol I like this cut tho its comical. oh and the production is tight

killer drumline- killer drum line nuff said

killed pharell- yea got that neptunes feel .like the guitar. not feeling the voxed effect hit sounds like the 80 sample on the battle records unless thats the sound you was going for then you hit it on the head. sounds good tho

CBK said:
There isn't too much that a white guy can rap about without sounding stupid really. I don't want to fake and be all hard. I don't want to be like eminem or bubba sparx. I just want to be known as a good all around artist. I don't know of that many white guys out there than can rap, produce, and scratch.

-Later

:confused:

I dunno what underground you're involved in, but the one I'm involved in is filled with white guys who do that stuff.

Change of POETS said:
:confused:

I dunno what underground you're involved in, but the one I'm involved in is filled with white guys who do that stuff.
Somehow I knew you were gonna come in and say something like that.

Hey Ram thanks for listening to so much of it. Yes that sample in that track came from my dirtstyle record so... ya that was the same sound. It's from Buffalo Girls back in the day actualy.

As for the scene here in Monroe, La... If you ain't hard, you ain't sh*t to them, so I don't really try to get into it here. I used to be all over the place 10 years ago, but I got tired of being threatened with violence. This is the dirty dirty for sure down here.

-Later

CBK said:
I used to be all over the place 10 years ago, but I got tired of being threatened with violence. This is the dirty dirty for sure down here.

Thats a shame cats do dumb stuff on the premise of being ganster. You know what gangster is? Gangster is working 9-5 at a bullshit job to take care of your family with only the hope that yo kids will be more than you are and greater than they can imagine. now thats gangster!!

RAM BEATZ said:
Thats a shame cats do dumb stuff on the premise of being ganster. You know what gangster is? Gangster is working 9-5 at a bullshit job to take care of your family with only the hope that yo kids will be more than you are and greater than they can imagine. now thats gangster!!

That made me think of the movie Office Space... haha.. where the song is.. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta...

Back