Need help setting up home studio

Taylor Made

i am currently workin' with Sound Forge 6.0, Acid pro 4, and fruity loops. want to build a home studio that is still primarily computer based....can u help with suggestions or any kind of products i need to get...holla... (strictly for rap music = the home studio)

Hopefully tou have a pretty good pc, good ram, something that can process data quickly enough to keep up with the fast pace of lyrics on top of beats without stalling on you. There are so many competetive brands out there, most almost throw all of the extras at you. (Not like 2-3 years ago when everything was an extra charge)
What are you using for a mic? Monitors? Are you using any other external midi instruments?

not up with all the computer lingo but here goes:

512 ram, 40 gb hd, piece o' sh*t mic (right now), but everything else is done on software...my latest work is at this site, and i know i need better speakers and better compononts to mix it better, vocal are a lil' weak too, i know, but peep it and holla with some brand names or something like that if u could...

http://www.taylormade.iuma.com

Soup up your computer by uping the the specs (whatever they are)... Cop a nice soundcard (get some recommendations from cats here). Cop a decent midi keyboard or some kinda midi data input controller for your sofware... Cop a decent preamp (if your soundcard doesn't have one) and a decent vocal mic. Some audio tracking software like Cakewalk, Cubase, Protool Free, or whatever... That's a good basic computer based lab right there.

There are too many different version of that typa setup... List what you already got (some specs) and what you are willing to spend and I'm sure cats can offer you some good advise.

Good luck chief...Peace.

Back