My First Attempt at Making a Beat

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hello there,

I'm completely new and here's a short sample of my first ever attempt at making a Hip Hop type beat. I am well aware that this probably sounds very amateur due to my lack of experience. I would love to hear your feedback on it (especially the sounds that I've chosen, the mixing and the arrangement, etc) and the things I can do to improve. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• bt_rgh1.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
I thought it sounded good! I can definitely see vocals going over it.

Thanks for your encouraging words, CrowsofFritz. I really appreciate it. It gives me the confidence to continue making beats and hopefully improve at it.

A promising start.

At about the place where it stopped is where I would like to see some development taking place.

A promising start.

At about the place where it stopped is where I would like to see some development taking place.

Thanks gecko zzed for your feedback. I was going to experiment adding a new riff idea to the beat...I'll add it exactly where you mentioned. Thanks!

How is the progress of your creative work?

Thanks ben_john7 for your inquiry about my beat. It is almost complete and I decided to keep it very simple. Now I just need to make some final changes to my Hihat patterns and master the track (BTW, I had to consult a few YouTube tutorials on proper Hip Hop/rap beat structure as I was totally clueless :)). I will post the beat here as soon as it is completed. Thanks again!

Back