How to make Bass Hit hard

Kjv1993

Busking a Subway Near You
i am making a few beats in fl studio and they sound good except the bass just doesn't hit. How can i get my bass to hit really hard?

There are a ton of answers to that question.

One quick tip, make the kick drum hit at the same time as the bass note. That will give you some thump to go along with the boom.

I would eq them a little bit or layer with another sound... really depends on what your trying to do style wise as well.

+ 1 for matching the kick and the bass. If EQ'd right, it can sound sick. Maybe use some automation on the volume of the bass? I don't really like automating the bass, unless its for more subtle dynamics.

Agreed with the compression...I will say if you're only using stock sounds, you might wanna hit google up for free kits.

Trust me, they work nice.

Fie.

thanks guys. how do i know where to get good plugins? and are there any good free ones?

i am making a few beats in fl studio and they sound good except the bass just doesn't hit. How can i get my bass to hit really hard?

What i Do is set up your mixer channel (Lets say channel 1) for drums. Add the FL Paramertic EQ and when the menu comes up, hit the arrows on the top left till you get to sub boost. Next add another Parametric EQ and select Bass drum punch. Last i'd add one last effect (FL Compressor) and adjust the attack and gain to make sure its not clipping. Hope that helps. I like my drums to hit like Timbaland and The Neptunes.

Agreed with the compression...I will say if you're only using stock sounds, you might wanna hit google up for free kits.

Trust me, they work nice.

Fie.

Indeed, you might just need some decent drum samples. Nearly all the drum sounds that came with my copy of FL suck hard.

Back