Hardware/Studio help...

Venom

Aight ya'll remember that post i had a while back questioning the use of hardware and how it differs from software and all that non-sense? Aight well Ive been readin up n' talkin to countless people and between them and the fam here at HR im convinced that hardware use can make a noticable difference. So im investing. Ima start off with monitors...

So here is my first question:
What are some good quality studio monitors to invest about $500 in?
Ive researched a few and right now im looking at the KRK RP-6, or the M-Audio BX8a monitors.
But i need some real feedback rather than just ratings as to what the best purchase would be.

Also what should i be using to power these bad boys?
Do i just power them through a external stereo reciever or do i need a newer soundcard with these outputs??

Help is greatly appriciated as always...

I usually use the BX8a's those are really great IMO. These are standard in 3 of the studio control rooms I work in. The BX8a's use XLR jacks, and are self powered. They give good response for mixing. I would also suggest getting yourself some nice 15"s along with them so that your able to compare the mix in 2 different sets of speakers. I personally upgraded from the pos studiopro 4's to the BX8a's and are really happy with them. You'll be able to translate the mix well with those IMO.

IMO get some Wharfedale's 8.2A (Active) Diamond Pro ..i have these and they work real damn well and translated well for mixes...only downside is the Low, low end..might need a sub..but maybe in a treated room..it might do better...

but in my honest opinon... i say go with the Event ASP series those are used by most mixing engineers and translate were well for mixes..

but like all monitors you need to go listen to them with the type of music you will be doing..

these will be powered monitors so you dont need a amp to power them..unless you get the passive models...

Back