Great Opportunity Or More Bullshit

gullyjewelz

I GOT THIS FROM SONICBIDS . . . ANYONE USE THEM?

NACA Regional Conferences provide an excellent opportunity for colleges & universities, booking agencies and self-represented artists to gather together, network, showcase, exhibit and conduct business.

NACA South is the place to be to get in front of student activities planners from Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi.

More than 600 student buyers and their advisors from over 90 schools are expected to attend the 2007 NACA South Regional Conference in Charleston, SC, Sep. 27-30, 2007, to meet with over 90 firms in 150 booths in the Campus Activities Marketplace, NACA’s exhibit hall.

More than 50 showcase opportunities are available in various categories.

Submission Requirements:

Artists that are being submitted to showcase must have a current NACA associate membership or be represented by an NACA associate member firm or agency. NACA National Associate Membership is $654. NACA Regional Associate Membership is $325.
NACA associate members submitting artists to showcase must also purchase an exhibit booth ($210).
NACA membership and exhibit booth application forms are available at the NACA Web site, www.naca.org/naca/Sonicbids

WAHT THE PHU<K???????

Yeah, I have used them a few times & got some nice shows for Lt. Mac, Vyrous & myself. Then, I realized, that I really didn't need them. but for the regular musician, band or whatever, (if the press kit, and music is great) they give good opportunities. I have a few friends who are in bands that get a few big gigs through them also.

And Yu Mean For Those Shows - Rap Hip Hop Opps Came About Right? Did U Get Paid For Those? (not That Getting Paid Is A Must - Im Just Askin) It Just Seems Like A Nice Chunk Of Change To Pay For The Opportunity To Peform - Thats Like $535 Altoghether -

Damm Ms - That Banner Is Hot2def!
Mine Only Show Up When Im At Home - When At Work My Banner Doesnt Show - But Yours Does - Wtf?

gullyjewelz said:
And Yu Mean For Those Shows - Rap Hip Hop Opps Came About Right? Did U Get Paid For Those? (not That Getting Paid Is A Must - Im Just Askin) It Just Seems Like A Nice Chunk Of Change To Pay For The Opportunity To Peform - Thats Like $535 Altoghether -

Damm Ms - That Banner Is Hot2def!
Mine Only Show Up When Im At Home - When At Work My Banner Doesnt Show - But Yours Does - Wtf?

lol I host mine on my website, with no meta tags, so that no firewall can block the content. I'm not sure about that particular one, but depending on the event, you could make it happen, and come out in the black. but the main thing is exposure. There were a few rap/hip hop gigs that popped up. Usually for showcases like that, you don't get paid to perform, you pay to perform. But you are given the opportunity there at the showcase to sell your merchandise etc at your booth. Your really paying $535 for a whole bunch of contacts, and a lot of future businesses with other peoples. Every time I went to a showcase or some sort, I met x dude from x major label.

Back