Does anyone Purchase Drum Loops?

AlanSwenson

Just wondering if anyone purchases drum loops or if everyone just steals them from torrents and whatnot. I like to buy anything I am using so If anyone can recommend any sites they use I will be grateful.

Just wondering if anyone purchases drum loops or if everyone just steals them from torrents and whatnot. I like to buy anything I am using so If anyone can recommend any sites they use I will be grateful.

I like to use them as layers here are my places I like to buy from:

Novaloops.com
loopmasters.com
motionsamples.com

Why steal when you can buy them cheap.

I suck at drum programming, I have many other musical strengths but not drums. Just like a band doesn't usually only have one member playing all the instruments.

Okay I understand now. Well I could help you out if your interested. That happens to be my biggest strength. I currently do all my programming with either FruityLoops or the Akai XR-20. I have tons of original beats and loops so get at me if your interested. fourthwardkid@gmail.com

P.S. what are your strengths if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah drum programming is an art... I wouldn't consider myself a pro either... I like to layer to give my drums some beef.. like hats or kicks.. there's an art to using them as well...you have to have an ear for hearing what works... I'm always working at improving my skillset...

Well, like I told Alan this is probably my biggest musical asset; my ability to come up with countless original drum loops or beats. I have a ton of 'em and always coming up with new ones! Here's several samples of some of my loops. These were all done strictly with the Akai XR-20 nothing else...with the execption of "Laid Back" it was done with FruityLoops. Just 60 seconds snippets, so no intro or change up is included, just a basic loop and synth (bass). A few have been kinda distorted after being converted to mp3 and uploaded.

Take a listen.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1043970&content=music

I suck at drum programming, I have many other musical strengths but not drums. Just like a band doesn't usually only have one member playing all the instruments.

This is the answer that is for everyone. Your skill level and ability to put your pride to the side is the difference in this situation. Some people can do it and some can't.

I would rather program them myself. I have always thought a drum loop sounded odd and like a loop. It just didnt natural. There are so many free sounds only.

Back