Commercial Recordings getting worse

brothathatcares

is it just me, or is the recording quality of rap music getting worse?

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but I'm just giving my thoughts...

I was just listening to Hurricane Chris' "Ay bay bay" (for the 6 millionth time, that's all i hear on the radio besides "crank dat"... and it sounds super local and low-budget... He even falls off and loses his timing with his vocal doubles several times over the course of the song...

The same for soulja boy's "crank dat" and all the rest of these garbage songs being put out....

Alot of the music doesn't even sound like it's mastered... I played some of the music in my car and there is so much bass and the vocals sound they were recorded in someone's bedroom (Not to mention the worst song ever "laffy taffy").. sometimes the vocals get low and other times they are high...

It's like the music industry doesn't even care about putting out quality recordings..

What's your thoughts??

im sure most people here would just say "who cares, its just rap"

but i noticed the same thing, especially on that a bay bay. the song is garbage. i just talked to someone about this the other day. it sounds like it was a demo song that was recorded on a computer mic and the record company decided to push without rerecording. rerecording takes time and money. why would they do that anyways when 99% of people who would listen to that kinda song wouldnt care? unfortunately, were living in a time of disposable music. push the song, make the money. did u notice that most rap songs coming out have dances to them? no wonder rap sales is going down. the only rap cds i would get now is the kanye album and the lupe fiasco cd when it comes out. the production on those cds are actually quality and the instruments arent fruity loops and they are played by PEOPLE WHO CAN PLAY THEM!

i just looked it up and he did record it before he was signed, so most likely it was recorded in the hood with a computer mic and a hacked version of acid lol

i second that notion...

Im sick and tired of all these low quality sounding songs coming out and just getting play. what the hell happened to standards with our music, is this really what hip hop is going to. Its to the point where even demo songs are getting on the radio with no mastering and everyone is like yeah i like that WTF!!!! well ima keep doing me and just making these quality recordings and when its time do do what i do on a professional level damn it ima take it where it needs to go!!!!!!!

Back