Bring that Here

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have made no comments regarding anyone elses material posted here.

Participation is key.

I dont like the song, just not my thing. Not bad if you are just starting out though. Did you produce the beat as well? I can share a tip with you, turn the gain down when you are recording vocals, at times it sounds like its almost clipping. Are you using a usb mic or something? I thought I saw you say something about one.

Again, not bad, just not my cup of tea

Cool someone replied

Thanks for the input. I'm using a Samson C01U USB Mic. With regards to the beat ... you mean turn down the gain of the beat when I am recording? Little confused with that.

First of all like Liv said, you need to give Feed to get Feed. I've been around here for awhile and I have learned a ton! Normally, dudes won't even listen, never mind a comment, unless you have showed interest in sticking around.

With that being said, your input gain is "too hot" meaning "too loud". Your mic signal going "in" needs to be lowered. You don't want to record with your mic level too high, it causes "clipping" which is a taste of distortion that is unpleasant to the listening ear. I tend to record at -16 (I think) so you can leave room eq'ing and other effects, which tend to add to the overall presence of a track, which in tun is a natural boost in volume.

Jump in other discussions just to give off a vibe of who you are, where you're trying to go, and give advice/feedback to others and you'll get plenty in return. TRUST ME!

Peace!

Now!
Listening to the track. I like it!

The only problem is what was noted above:

You need to get the overall volume down and process it a bit better so it will be more pleasing to the ears.

I like the vibe of it though!

Thanks

OK ... i want to fix what you guys are telling me since you've gotta be right if you both agreed. I have a pc on Windows XP Pro and when you want to adjust your mic settings you:

Control Panel
Sound, Speech and Audio Devices
Sounds and Audio Devices
Audio Tab
Under "Sound Recording" you see the mic the system is using
Then there is a button "Volume..." where you can adjust it.

Question is how would i know what decibil it's at ... you mentioned -16 but it doesn't measure it like that. Is there another way I should be doing this?

thankss....

What software are you using to record vocals? In whatever software you use, you should be able to see the meter and monitor the level. Open up the software and get set up to record, then open you control panel and go to the settings for volume, you can have both on the screen at the same time and make adjustments that way.

I would suggest dumping the usb mic and getting some sort of real interface, its a lot easier to make changes that way. Once you have you settings in the control panel set up, you then make your adjustments with whatever interface you are using, and its a lot less dicking around. Plus you will get better sound quality as well.

I would just screw around with setting the levels a bunch. You should have two sources for this right now, your control panel which is the most crucial, and also whatever software you use to track.

I am using Audacity to record and mix ... sometimes I save the vocals and open them in mixcraft to add effects. I have a usb mic (samson c01u) because I don't want to spend a lot of money. And ... I'm not sure if you're aware of this but my specific mic has a software you can download that has an input gain - fader, low cut filter, digital vu meter - input level and phase option. I haven't downloaded this yet ... its at samsontech.com. I'll try it out.

Back