Beatmaking Video

jugalo180

www.moneyistherecipe.com
I'm currently recording a beatmaking video that will be uploaded sometime tonight or tomorrow on my site. I will later add some other beatmaking tutorial videos next weekend.

no prob. i just realized that i am going to need a to purchase a capture card. my last computer had one, but this thing hasn't got one. I have to bounce around noon today to head to Ft. Lee VA. If i don't make it to circuit city this morning i'll have some stuff up next weekend when i drive back down to Maryland.

ok, the vid is now up on the beats page, just scroll towards the bottom. it's a 65mb file 34 min, so depending on your connection it shouldn't take too long. this is the one that i made last weekend but didn't have time to render it and place it on the website.

please tell me your connection speed and how long it took for you to see the vid.

videos really good man....i actually never thought of going about it that way...i like how even tho you didnt get into the meat and potatoes of beatmaking you brushed up on enough for me to learn some things....what really impressed me the most is the structure you give yourself when your making beats...anyways thanks for the video man...got alot out of it

thanks for checking out the vid! did it take too long to begin playing?

freshlysqueezed said:
videos really good man....i actually never thought of going about it that way...i like how even tho you didnt get into the meat and potatoes of beatmaking you brushed up on enough for me to learn some things....what really impressed me the most is the structure you give yourself when your making beats...anyways thanks for the video man...got alot out of it

i appreciate that. this was my first time sitting down and trying to display myself making a beat i have another one that i recorded today and it's pretty much the same structure. i'm really not going into a program tutorial on reason, fl studio or cubase just yet. i just wanted the people who are starting out to see how a basic non sampling session can go.

what are some things that you thought i should have done to make the video more intuitive? any feedback will be appreciative.

peritus said:
Great stuff... You're quick with the composition skills, man.....Keep it comin'....

thanks, i flipped through and loaded up a bunch of sounds that instantly caught my attention. most of the time if i'm searching for sounds my sessions can last forever and a day, but if i can select a bunch of sounds that catch my ear i have a better chance of creating a nice beat in a reasonable amount of time.

peritus said:
No prob... Thanks for making it... It was pretty quick... 2 or 3 min i think...

that's not bad. i'm going to try and figure out how to shrink the file size without losing a lot of audio and video quality.

Great shit right there man... thanks for posting this, I love beat making videos and this one was fire. Although I wouldnt expect anything less from you man. I got mad respect for ya...

Took less than 30 seconds for the video to start for me on a 1.5meg connection

onlydude said:
Great shit right there man... thanks for posting this, I love beat making videos and this one was fire. Although I wouldnt expect anything less from you man. I got mad respect for ya...

Took less than 30 seconds for the video to start for me on a 1.5meg connection

Thanks for checking it out. Man, i'm very appreciative that you guys have enjoyed the video. I'm rendering another one that I recorded yesterday as we speak. this one is along the same lines as the first. I'm taking requests for any tutorial videos you guys would like to see. If it's within my scope i'll be glad to do it for you guys.

If the length of the videos are a problem, I can edit them shorter. I just thought that it would be a lot better to see someone making a beat from start to finish so every detail can be observed.

Yeah, it loaded in a matter of 2-3 seconds for me (I got that Comcast)
Good video!
I wanna shoot and upload some stuff PM with any particulars I need to get it started..........
Nice look!

I'm on cable and it loaded in a couple seconds.

Props on the video, very informative. This will probably help a lot of cats out.

stray411 said:
I'm on cable and it loaded in a couple seconds.

Props on the video, very informative. This will probably help a lot of cats out.

Thanks Stray, is your business still doing well?

hey man i think for the next vid you should show how you build your intros and verses outof ur loops...cuz i can come up with a loop that sounds tight but when i got to try and make something more with it i usually have no idea how or where to start

hey man that first video is ill. i love watching other people operate on reason because everybody does it a little bit differently. i myself always program my drums on redrum but i like how you do it on the keyboard...i imagine thats how most people do it. it seems to give you more control. i just have a couple questions and comments:
from what i saw it looks like you basically just put the L and R locators on a little section and then open up all the noises you want and make the main part of the beat right there, drop the drums in, and then just copy and paste it and drop in and drop out what and where you want. I could be wrong though it was kind of hard to tell from that video. I do pretty much the opposite. I make my main drum loop in redrum and then add one or two sounds on top of that and then try to lay out intro, verse, hook and then play other things on top of that and try to fill it in. sometimes i have problems with the flow though, so it was good to see your method im gonna try to give it a shot. How are your claps and snares always in the right place, is that just by ear from practice?

Just one more thing, you were asking for suggestions for another video, I would love to see you make a beat in Reason from a sample or at least using a sample or two. I dont know if thats your thing or not, but if it is I would love to see the best way to do that. Also, I would like to see how to make a bangin ass bassline because ive tried probably 1 million + times and still havent been able to do it in reason. sorry for the long post. one

pcp said:
Also, I would like to see how to make a bangin ass bassline because ive tried probably 1 million + times and still havent been able to do it in reason.

Wurd man.... I have hit or miss stats with the basslines (I think)... That's why I bought a real bass yesterday.. I'll be using reason rewired into protools m-powered ( :D I'm psyched!)... peace..

Back