Beatmaking Software

UNGER

Hey all I just got a 50$ coupon in the mail to Sam Ash for this weekend only with a purchase of 199$ or more...and I am going to buy a beatmaking software. I'm running ProTools on a Mac Powerbook G4 so I'd like it to be compatible (or exportable) with that. I'd like a very good/good drum sequencer because I have actually never used one (and gotten by with it up to this point surprisingly). I wouldn't mind a good library(s) of sounds to choose from and manipulate. And pretty much an easy-to-use, easy-to-learn software that I can make some great music with...price range anywhere up to 400/500$...thanks!

L'espion Noir said:
battery from native instrument should on your list,
every sample is tweakable, it runs as a standalone or a vst

I own Battery 2, it comes with 3 GB of drum samples and lots of parameter and waveform editing for each sample. Good software.

I agree with matic. Fruity loops 5 is great for beatmaking. Although it is the only software I have tried for making beats it has worked well for me. Also I mix my shit with cakewalk

If you're running pro tools I would suggest Reason because you can use it together through ReWire, and it's a damn good program.

What do y'all think of ACID Music Studiio?
I've looked into it as it is reasonably priced and I have ACID XPress.

Back