anyone know where i can get good bass sounds neo-soul & hip hop music?

stingray

anyone know what synth,software,or sampler i can get good bass sounds for neo-soul & hip hop music?I was listening to jill scott's cd & could not tell if that was a bass guitar or synth bass? thanks

i think this was a real played bass (at least on 'getting in the way').

Even if i sometimes use real bass, i often use my Kurzweil or my analog synths to get my bassline work. I'm more into electronic funk music (little like feature cast, jori hulkkonnen...) and not the mixing maniac like Bruce and Ed, so i'm free to break the borders of recording engineers ;) and found a way that works for me:
All people told me not to use effects on drums and bass when i first started doing music for myself, and so i played around some years and was unable to get a real fat synthesized bass.
As fortune wants, on day i got a Roland Juno106 at a junk goods shop. I tried it at home, and whoowww what a bass! I soon realized, that this is just an ordinary synth, BUT with an internal chorus unit! I tried to utilize chorus on my other synths and got the same result. The bass sounds much better!
Maybe this works for u too.

hajime!
Mark

Back