Zoom H1N and Bass adjustments

Abstract

I have been using my Zoom H1n recorder as an audio recorder for my concert Videos, and It has been doing a pretty good job, except I notice it has a tendency to lean toward the bass side of things! Is there any way to put a bit more treble or lower that bass some? or is that about it for this model?

It's probably recording what's actually there, vs. what you're hearing at concert volume levels (google Fletcher-Munson curve).

I'd just suggest putting the audio into a DAW or even a simple app like Audacity and adjusting the EQ in post, i.e., before syncing to the video, to suit.

It's probably recording what's actually there, vs. what you're hearing at concert volume levels (google Fletcher-Munson curve).

I'd just suggest putting the audio into a DAW or even a simple app like Audacity and adjusting the EQ in post, i.e., before syncing to the video, to suit.

Here's thought. Question actually.. If it was sitting on a flat surface, could you also be getting the boundary bass lift effect?

Second, if it's in a room there are also very large peaks and nulls at various spots in a room.

My money's on Keith's #1 though :>)

Back