Zoom H1N as audio interface - can't change recording format to 48000 hz on windows 10

pulper111

Hello - I'm trying to help out someone who has an Zoom H1N, uses it as an audio interface, and when it is connected via usb to the computer using audio i/f, cannot change the recording format either on the computer or the h1n from 44100 hz to 48000 hz. there is no way to change it on the zoom. And in Windows, the drop down in the "default format" on the "advanced" tab of properties for the H1N is 44100 hz and there is no way to select anything else.

She is using Windows 10. The reason it has to be 48000 hz is that she uses Davinci Resolve and when she wants to record voiceovers for her videos using Resolve, it has to be in 48000 hz for it to work with Resolve.

Nothing so far has seemed to work. We've tried disconnecting the H1N from the computer, setting it to 48000 hz, and then reconnecting via USB. Once connected, the H1N goes back to 44100 Hz and again, there is no option to change the settings in Windows.

I have the H4N pro and when that is connected to the computer using audio i/f, the zoom allows you to select either 44.1 or 48. Not with the H1N.

She has the current firmware on the H1N as well as using the most up to date driver from the Zoom website.

Any ideas? Would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

was able to talk to zoom support. was very impressed and they figured it out. have to go into control panel, then hardware and sound. click on the zoom h&f series async audio, and you can change the recording format there. just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Back