Ygdai card aes ebu

Bruza83

o lovely people

I hope someone can help me im literally losing sleep with this problem. I have a Yamaha 03D mixer it came with an aes ebu card and what I think is a break out cable with a 25 pin Dsub plug one end and 4 male xlr jack and 4 female xlr jack on the other end. Which are marked 1234 1234 im not sure which are input and which are output im trying to connect to and interface with an xlr cable but when play the recording back I just get a lot of noise I can hear the track amongst the noise but its not ideal im fairly new to digital mixersso may be a dummy guide would be helpful I want to utilise this cable because there is another 8 input /output channels with this card but unfortunatly im struggling with this ive read the manual its very limited on help about this subject i cant seem to be able to use the 17 to 24 faders either.

What I want to do

1. Route some input channels to the aes ebu cards output channels which will enable me to connect an audio interface to the mixer for online radio broadcast purpose and free up the 4 aux sends that are being used currently.

2. id like to route channels from Ableton Live 10 through an audio interface out of the interfaces outputs in to the mixer so I can use the onboard effects for mixing then back to the interface I know how to get the signal back to the interface but can't seem to be able to find a setting which will let me use the aes ebu card as input channels so I can use channel faders 17-24

3. There is and aes ebu stereo output which id like to use as a back up but can't seem to route a signal to the output either

Please some one help me please thanks in advance

Its shouldnt be impossible with this type of mixer

OK, you I am flying a little blind here, but I think it is rather simple. Record your dry track in Ableton. Then send that back to master. Route your output back to your with the desired effect. Set your second track as the external input of the effect track. Now, you will probably have to monitor or record blind to avoid any kind of feedback

I have done this sort of loop back myself to calibrate the delay in Ableton. I alos did it to feed a track to a reel to reel to give it some tape saturation. It didn't sound worht a crap, but it did record. I over drove the sound and it was more distorted than saturated. Everything is a fine line :)

Try something like that.

Back