Yamaha MW10 Trouble!!!

LoudGary

I'm not 100% sure what is going on with my MW10.

Recently one of my hard drives decided to fail which happened to have the CD install information on it (drivers and such). Upon switching to another hard drive and trying to load the Cubase LE software with code again, I recieve an error saying the code is invalid or the time has expired:mad:

This leaves my MW10 still opperational on a single track. If other tracks are used there's serious latency. I've tried to contact Yamaha Tech Support with little help, they gave me a link to an updated driver, but couldn't say if it would solve the problem. With Cubase the Regestration code they say is invalid to recieve help. I am wondering if this driver will help as I'm not using Cubase LE at all or am I stuck? :confused:

It sounds like perhaps you've misentered the cd-key/serial number - though I imagine you've tried re-entering it a few times by now. You can try to update the drivers as, it never hurts to do so any ways but, I don't imagine it will solve the problem of Cubase LE interacting with the serial.

I use to have an MW12 myself and loved it however, I never bothered with using Cubase which came with it, instead I used Reaper which I was already familiar with. If you can't get Cubase to work with all the effort you've put in, perhaps you could take your wave files and redirect them into a new program such as Reaper (it being essentially free with no program limitations) or, a different program you are familiar with. It's a pain to do but, may be an alternative.

I'm using the MW10 with Kristal. However when I've tried to have windows install wizard go through its set-up for new hardware it still asks for the CD. With my MW10 the only CD that came with it was the Cubase LE CD and the plug-ins CD from IK Multimedia.

On the original install I did install cubase LE but chose not to use it and went ahead with Kristal as I was used to it.

The new driver didn't help with much of anything. I did send another e-mail to yamaha about the problem as maybe there's something they could do.:confused:

Back