yamaha aw1600? thoughts, comments?

capnkid

Optimus Prime
I like the fact that it has 8 xlr inputs as I will be recording a drumset, and guitar. anyone have one of these?

Not the aw1600, but I've got an aw16g --- it's predecessor --- and it's a very good DAW. It makes just as clean recordings as I can make with a computer and exports wav files for compatibility with a PC. The aw16g only has 2 xlr inputs which means I need to use outboard preamping. The built-in mic preamps are very good and with the six more the AW1600 adds it becomes a much more flexible recording tool.

Buy one. You won't be sorry.

Hi,

I am thinking of getting one of these, but I have always been favourably impressed with Roland's FX. Can you give me any idea how good the FX are, and where I might find a list of them?

Thanks!

The unit looks awesome, but it'll be a few months away from me, money-wise... it's not good to be a teenager who wants to record stuff :(

I've also used the 16g & found it to be a wonderful bit of kit. Main plus points are ease of use, good sound & SOLID construction (these are metal...not plastic like most of the competition).
The only down side I can think of is that the pres aren't so hot...but just grab an audio buddy or joe meek & you'll be fine!

Back