WTF? External power supply equals DONT BUY?

I wouldn't worry to much - the guy does seems whiney and not really sure what he's talking about. The "I scratched my nails pretty badly" thing, well jonnyc addressed that better than I could. After Rad's little rant, he kicked in with a nice Mackie marketing campaign. :rolleyes:

I owned a Firepod and didn't have hum issues at all. Just be sure to use balanced 1/4" cables to your amps balanced input or balanced powered monitor inputs (not sure what you have) from the Firepod. Presonus also recommends this.

In regards to the A/D - D/A converters, the Firepod and Firebox share the same converters AFAIK, and they are decent converters - I believe AKM actually.

My .02 :)

Buying anything digital from mackie, based on their track record is throwing your money away

They obsolete gear VERY fast and will not provide support for it..nor will they release the code for the customer base to do it themselves

Mackie are horrid PIGS in this regard

I cant think of a morally defensible position for sitting on the code, yet obsoleting something at the same time

pipelineaudio said:
Buying anything digital from mackie, based on their track record is throwing your money away

They obsolete gear VERY fast and will not provide support for it..nor will they release the code for the customer base to do it themselves

Mackie are horrid PIGS in this regard

I cant think of a morally defensible position for sitting on the code, yet obsoleting something at the same time

Got an example? I'm just curious. I don't find anything wrong or unusual with protecting their IP. If they are deliberately EOL'ing products in an unreasonable time frame, that's no fair (Horrid Pigs!). But what I question is whether their authorized service centers don't have the firmware and can continue support.

ottomix, d8b, trying to remember which others we got burned on

in the ottomix case, many things were promised, not as upgrades but to make the product perform according to the OS's and degrees they claimed on the product packaging

Keeping the drivers from the end users in the case where they werent even going to fulfill their end of the bargain is pretty lame indeed

That said I bought a mackie MCU lol...so far so good though, and no matter what, Justin Frankel has been able to access its innards so it will be good forever

tenkas said:
Does this means that everyone here that has a firepod is a a dumb ass?

I have a firepod and I am a dumbass, but not because of the firepod.

My dumbassness and firepod ownership are two mutually exclusive events

Back