Would this tri-pod\microphone stand work with my microphone?

Any stand will work with almost any microphone holder.

There are 2 common threads on the stand / holders, I just think of them as large and small, nearly all holders come with adaptors from small stand thread to large holder thread anyway, if not they are only a $1 or so.

Second just make sure that the stand is well made enough to hold a condenser mic as they are quite heavy, K&M are a good brand.

Thirdly, you just need a stand that is the right height.

Allan.

witzen speaks the truth, but I find cast-base stands more stable than tripods. That might be good for heavy mics like condensers.

You can make cheap sand bags by, well, buying bags of sand and putting them (plastic bag and all) in smallish duffel bags.

I modified a guitar stand into a microphone stand. Behold the magnificence!

343_2447.jpg

K&M stands are good ones and that should be fine.

...with one caveat. That price seems awfully low for a genuine K&M stand. Perhaps I'm just used to higher prices in the UK and Australia but, just sayin'.

must be ...... that price doesn't seem low at all to me.

Ah, a bit more digging and it makes sense. K&M have an economy range (and that stand if from that range) which looks superficially similar to the ones I'm used to but has more plastic and less metal bits. Prices for that one aren't that far from what was show in the OP's link.

I found THIS by searching a UK supplier I used to use but was more used to things like THIS. Multiply by about 1.5 to see the prices in US dollars and you'll understand my fears.

(Not that I'm against cheap stands--I just used a different supplier for things that look a lot like the cheap K&Ms but are badged differently.)

Bob

Back