Why no straightforward controller?

sepiareverb

How is it possible that there is still no simple controller for a DAW that has actual knobs for EQ, PAN, etc. and sliders? How is this such a non-desired item? I'm coming to the computer to record/mix and am endlessly frustrated by a mouse to try and adjust a PAN, fiddle with EQ and set levels. And setting up MIDI? WTF? I worked on a KORG D888 for years, and still record on one, but the capacity of more tracks is making the computer appealing, but in function it is just a permanent battle. I suppose I'm just too old to learn the tech now that I can actually afford to get set-up. God I suck.

I have this which I use for Reaper occasionally...... Korg nanoKONTROL2 MIDI Control Surface - Black | Sweetwater
and it works well. It's been a while since I used it, but I 'think' the knobs are assignable to be used for other functions which may include EQ and Pan.

There are others that likely can do more and also cost more....
Mixing Control Surfaces | Sweetwater

"I suppose I'm just too old to learn the tech now that I can actually afford to get set-up."..... I'm pushing 73 early next year and still learning the techy stuff. :)

I use a Zoom R-16. It's both an AI and a Controller and...if needed...a standalone 16 track recorder. For all those functions it works just great. As a controller it has limited functions compared to a full board and does not eliminate a mouse completely...but it does give you some functions to replace the mouse. It's not very expensive and can be found used on-line. Read up on it and see if it might be something of interest to you.

Back