where do I get DRIVERS for E MU1212 on windows7 ?

This is A problem with older soundcards when the maker (in this case Creative) no longer supports the outdated product.The drivers that came with the card are for XP. If someone could tell me how to get this to work on Win 7 I'd really appreciate it !

This is A problem with older soundcards when the maker (in this case Creative) no longer supports the outdated product.The drivers that came with the card are for XP. If someone could tell me how to get this to work on Win 7 I'd really appreciate it !

You could try the Vista driver? Otherwise you can (I understand) run XP inside W7 but how good that would be for audio purposes I wouldn't like to say.

My preferred solution would be to simply have a dedicated XP machine for the card if you really want to use it.

Dave.

Really want to try this card with 7. Would this be correct ?: 1)Open my computer (windws 7 of course) 2)click on manage (3) click on Device Manager (4) click on Update Driver (5) browse my computer for the driver (that's already been downloaded)

Really want to try this card with 7. Would this be correct ?: 1)Open my computer (windws 7 of course) 2)click on manage (3) click on Device Manager (4) click on Update Driver (5) browse my computer for the driver (that's already been downloaded)

Right well, fit the card and Windows should try to find a driver. If it fails try the Vista one.

Dave.

Back