What is wrong with my Q802USB setup?

felipefelix

Hi everyone!

First of all, it's good to know there are so many good and professional people around here to help us newbies!

Back to my problem, I recorded an episode of my recently started podcast using the settings bellow:

My voice coming from a USB Mic & my co-host's voice coming from Skype mixed with my PC sound effects >inputted in> Virtual cable + Voicemeeter Virtual Mixer >recorded by> Audition Multi-track. My co-host could listen to me and my PC sound effects.

The final result in Audition was fine, but during the call, my co-host started listening to himself, what was really annoying for him.

I heard that a mixer allows us to control which audio goes (or not) to Skype in a less complicated interface, so I bought a Behringer Xenyx Q802USB.

I tried a lot of tutorials, really! And sometimes I can only hear myself or sometimes I can only hear the PC, and when I go to Audition I can never make it work in a way I can see me and my PC separately. Also don't know which option to input in Skype. Could you please tell me which settings I need to make Audition (or Audacity) record a multi-track where I can have:

- My voice and my Skype co-hosts voice separated (it doesn't need to be in separated tracks, just separate pans);
- My co-host listening to my voice and my sound effects (from my PC or an external device like an iPhone);

Many tutorials show how to setup the mixer with the software, but I never understand the setup from the Windows audio panel and it's options. It would also be helpful to see something about it tho.

I saw in other website that my USB mixer only works with two channels. So, I'm trying to do a Non-USB setup. These are my other accessories:

- 1x SHURE PG-58 Dynamic Microphone (bought it today);
- 1x CLASSIC PRO MIX100;
- 2x HOSA CMP153 (1/8 to dual 1/4 Y-Cable);
- V-Moda M-100 Headphone
- V-Moda Coilpro Cable
- 1x iPhone;
- My PC has an On-board sound system;

Thank you all in advance!

Back