What Do I Need For Good Vocal Quality

Strictt Ame

Ok..Heres The Jist..

I Have A Shure KSM32/SL Condensor Microphone, I Want To Record On My Latop (Compaq Presario v2000z).

I Know I Need A Soundcard, Phantom Power & XLR To 1/8" Adaptors. My Question Is Which Ones? Also I Would Like A Good Yet Inexpensive Mixer To Use (Which Might Cancel Then Need For Phantom Power)

My Thoughts Were:
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook
Phantom: Shure PS1A
Mixer: UNSURE..Need Help!!!

I Dont Know Too Much About The Techniqual Side Of Digital Recording. Any Advice Would Be Helpful. (Seeing As When I Bought My KSM27, I Bought A Nady Phantom Power Only To Discover The Phantom Power Supply Was Designed For The SCM Series Of Nady Condensors.

Heres My Price Range:
Soundcard: < $100
Phantom Power: < $100
Mixer: < $150

Can Somebody Help Me Out Here?

With a budget of $350 for recording only vocals, you can do much better than what you've listed. If your laptop has a Firewire port, you could look into something like the Presonus Firebox, which will supply 2 phantom powered mic inputs with preamps and a/d/a conversion that is liklely to be superior to the soundblaster for recording purposes. There are other Firewire and USB soundcard/interface options that will work with a laptop, too.

Yes Im Doing Hip-Hop

scrubs said:
With a budget of $350 for recording only vocals, you can do much better than what you've listed. If your laptop has a Firewire port, you could look into something like the Presonus Firebox, which will supply 2 phantom powered mic inputs with preamps and a/d/a conversion that is liklely to be superior to the soundblaster for recording purposes. There are other Firewire and USB soundcard/interface options that will work with a laptop, too.

I Purchased, And Still Have A FireWire800 CardBus DV-Kit And PreSonus Inspire 1394..Would That Do The Trick?

Strictt Ame said:
I Purchased, And Still Have A FireWire800 CardBus DV-Kit And PreSonus Inspire 1394..Would That Do The Trick?

Yeah, I would highly doubt that a cheap mixer and a soundblaster will sound any better (probably worse) than the Inspire.

Back