What do I do with Smart Loops Drum MIDI files so Superiror Drummer 2.0 can see them?

revnice1

They don't have an installer and my MIDI folder is already in a mess so I don't want to screw up. The contents of a Smart Loops Volume looks like this:

Volume 1:
---Manual
---MIDI Loops
-----Dry Studio Kit
---------MIDI Groove Clips
---------Session Drummer
---------Standard MIDI Files Type 0
---------Standard MIDI Files Type 1
-----Percussion Kit
---------MIDI Groove Clips
---------Session Drummer
---------Standard MIDI Files Type 0
---------Standard MIDI Files Type 1
---V2Demo

Thanks - rev

These are not samples, they're MIDI grooves so as long as they're mapped correctly, SD2 should be able to use them.

I could just drag the MIDI Groove Clips folders into the right bucket but that folder structure isn't always what you get under the Grooves tab in SD2.

Failure - - the path of least persistence, you got that right. If you want to find the most efficient way to get a job done, give it to a lazy man.

I was checking out some free loops to see if they could be dragged into a Windows Explorer folder (they can), but even many (all?) of those are limited to their own host.

.MID files can be dragged & dropped into a track in a DAW (in Reaper, anyway), then assign an instrument. May work in your DAW - unless you're using SD as a standalone without a DAW.

Last edited:
I've got a bunch of Groove Monkey stuff working in SD2 but they might have been made to satisfy SD2's requirements, type of MIDI file and the mapping, which I'm pretty sure is GM.

I got the Smart Loops working in SD 2. The package includes files for Sonar, Standard MIDI type 0 and type 1 and a folder called MIDI Groove Clips.

Copy the MIDI Groove Clips folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Toontrack\MIDI - the folder will appear in the left column of the Grooves tap in SD 2. When you click it you'll see the contents in the next column, etc.

Back