Votes: 41 11.8%
  • Ableton

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • FL Studio

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • other

Votes: 44 12.6%

• Total voters
Used cubase for years, few years ago switched to studio one. It has its quirks and bugs but I still love it. Not upgraded to 5 yet, no new features I want/need.

That's interesting. Which version do you have? (I am considering upgrading to 5 from 2.5, which is quite a jump.)

Digital Performer 8..Trying to, anyway! :)

I have anxiety issues and i have been having trouble figuring out how to make it work.

I really wish there was a simple way to learn it..

some thing like this:

1. step 1
2: step 2
etc

Anyone here use digital Performer 8?

I use Cubase since 3 and I like it and have tried a few others. But I read the manule for Cubase 5 and since then I have used it most and have 10 now.I like wavelab also.

Cubase 7 combined with the Steven Slate Everything Bundle for 14.95 mo. Covers everything I need, Can't see any reason to change or upgrade in the near future. I use a Combination of Steven Slate and Ozone 9 to Master. :listeningmusic:

Digital Performer

Digital Performer 8..Trying to, anyway! :)

I have anxiety issues and i have been having trouble figuring out how to make it work.

I really wish there was a simple way to learn it..

some thing like this:

1. step 1
2: step 2
etc

Anyone here use digital Performer 8?

I've been using DP since it was just Performer - just MIDI no audio! (I'm SO OLD...)

But that MIDI-centric heritage of DP is a huge strong point in its favor if you use a lot of virtual instruments or hardware modules in your intended recording workflow. I have worked with many different DAWs and - in my opinion - none of them can equal DP in MIDI recording and editing.

Of course its audio capabilities are on a par with any other program. It does audio pitch correction right in the channel, no plug-in required, for instance.

There is not room here for a step 1, step 2 tutorial, but DP is no harder to learn than any other professional DAW. And the manual is well written!

If your vision of your recording work involves MIDI you should be patient with yourself and DP and stick with it. No DAW that has the capabilities you need is going to be instantly easy to use, that's why people that start with Garage Band end up moving to Logic ProX. Easy comes with limitations.

Have fun!

sk

Sonar 8.5.3 (the revered version). I've been on Sonar since it came out.

Likes: You can open multiple tracks in the best Staff View available, that lets you copy a bass part from a piano part, for example. The audio display on the tracks is big and fat and that really helps when editing, you can resize the display without changing the track volume. Mostly it's the Staff View that makes me love it. I learned to read music and to not have a Staff View in a DAW is completely baffling to me. I know it's less to support but I either have to scroll until the note is against the virtual piano or hover over each note in turn to see what it is. When you read music, you can see what's going on at a glance across the whole width of the screen.

Don't likes: It has a few bugs that are minor but irritating. Fading a clip sometimes fades other clips you didn't want faded. If you didn't notice it happening, an instrument could fade out unexpectedly and you have to look around for other erroneous fades and fix them all.

I'm still rocking ProTools.
I love that it does everything I want it to do and does it well, but my wallet doesn't like the look of their new pricing system.

May be learning Reaper in the near future....we'll see.

I just swapped over to Studio One 5 Pro because I could not stomach the monthly Pro Tools licensing any longer. I only spend maybe 100 hours a year inside of a DAW but hoping to step that up. Studio One 5 Pro is about the same cost as a year of PT but if I use it for longer than a year it will pay for itself and I'd bet the upgrade pricing will come out cheaper even if I do buy the next versions. So far it has been excellent. Editing is the only weird part to me but I'm just getting used to it.

Since then I managed to get a renewal on my PT12 perpetual from a reseller so, phew...I'll have whatever the latest V is about a year from now.
With 64 bit + Apple Silicon transitions out of the way, I should be able to sit still on that for another 5 or 6 years, hopefully.

There'll be no monthly from me, though. When this dies it's reaper.

I've an old bandmate who's on PT and whenever the subject of collaboration between he and I or other old bandmates arises he mentions all of us having to get PT to accommodate his setup. That ain't gonna happen on my end.

Always used Sonar in the past. Switched to Samplitude Pro X3 when Sonar went down. O thing but problems with Samplitude so I went back to free Cakewalk in 2019. I chose OTHER because Cakewalk is not listed.

been using fl studio for ten years... mostly because ive become so efficient and comfortable after all this time lol

For anyone on the move, we recently released Faders https://faders.io

It's currently in beta mode, but it has real-time collaboration, it runs in a browser and it will mix your stems for you!

Let us know what you think :)

I use a few different Daws in my music making, my main Daw is FL Studio 20 All Plugins Edition, my other Daws are Ableton Live 10 Standard (will be upgrading to Live 11 Suite soon), Reaper, Reason 10, Sundog Song Studio, Audacity, plus some software that works with my Native Instruments Maschine Mikro.

magix acid studio 11.
my epileptic brain injury makes using it a million times harder than it shoud be.

Back