Votes: 41 11.8%
  • Ableton

Votes: 14 4.0%
  • FL Studio

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • other

Votes: 44 12.6%

• Total voters
I've stuck with Magix consumer stuff since 2003. Since I do Linux, there's Ardour & Mixbus. Mixbus had a new teaser vid out a couple days ago.

I don't like the Magix game plan very much. They want me to buy NEW, every year : ) With Magix, it was because of the old Logic Sequencer. Today, I'm thinking I'm just buying plugs for the price of the new version.

The Linux stuff runs real nice, though, I don't get in there very often. I do like the Harrison play on the mixer.

I do like the disk recorders, but got to edit when needed in a DAW. Sometimes my first track will be from Windows Sound Recorder

Ardour 5.x I've used Audacity for years, so you can guess my needs are simple. Ardour seems awesome enuf that I donate.

IMO Audacity though basic is underrated by a lot of DAW snobs.

Surprised not a single vote for GarageBand; I got the impression it was very popular.

I bought the upgrade Mixbus v4 on March 4th, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I really do like the mixer

Used to use GarageBand, and loved it, regardless of what some say.

Now that I have less access to my Mac (and I use PCs more, anyway), I have started to use Reaper, and can see that it is extremely flexible.

I would highly recommend it.

I've been using Sonar for about 2 years. have upgraded to platinum . but , am doing the subscription. Not crazy about paying for it FOREVER .Like the DAW; Pro Channel,comping and all that, and am used to the work flow. But as I said am not crazy about pricing model I'm stuck with. It seems like Reaper gets a lot of love. My question would it be worth switching to reaper; how do the two compare ie work flow ect... any thoughts Thanks

I learned on Sonar, so that's what I like. I tried Pro Tools, even bought a book to help learn. To steep a learning curve.

If I'd found this site first, I'd probably be using Reaper.

Acid then to Sonar as I learned more about what I was doing.
Side step to Reason before it was a DAW
Reaper for a loooooong time
And now flip flop between Reaper and Reason(current version), but mostly Reason.

Acid then to Sonar as I learned more about what I was doing.
Side step to Reason before it was a DAW
Reaper for a loooooong time
And now flip flop between Reaper and Reason(current version), but mostly Reason.

Started with Sonar when it was still Cakewalk...still have an old version of it here somewhere. Now in the same boat with you. Mostly Reason, using Reaper for SSD4 and some rough mastering.

Cubase is all I have ever used. Another DAW came with my presonus interface. Studio one maybe?

I never tried it though. It took years for me to get halfway efficient with cubase. I'm not about to start from scratch again with something g else.

Reaper in the studio, but now that I'm doing smaller little background stuff, I'm using a really old macbook i inherited since it couldn't run the latest os and I discovered GarageBand, I never used anything like that and it's smooth for beginner stuff, so I decided to invest in it a little with some upgrades.... Also started some Linux stuff, but it's a little complicated, Ardour I got working once.

Ya linux can be a real saver for those systems where Windows chokes. More of a life choice crisis for those with a VST library

I just noticed the results have Reaper very popular, but then there's also a big, "other." And a big fat zero for GarageBand!

About 1/50th into Reaper and loving it so far.
But I gotta say, doing something simple like Voice over, where you just need a clean read, little noise and a quick method of clean-up......Audacity is still faster for me. Not worried about the destructive aspect. Just record and save. Anything more sophisticated and you then have to delineate, select, treat, adjust, unselect, play with, re-adjust, pull this up, close that, etc. etc.
Will stick with Reaper.

Still with Reason. 9.5 was a mind blower. Never thought they'd do the things they did, but (1) opening up VST(i)s really made this the DREAM. (2) the new pitch adjustment is so amazingly similar to Melodyne as to make me wish I hadn't spent that $200...
Now both are limited still. VST3s are not supported, and the pitch shift works basically like the $200 version of Melodyne where you can only tweak specific things and only one note parts...A lot of what Melodyne does outside of pitch adjustment is already well covered in Reason. Their time stretch is magnificent (and quite a bit easier than Melodyne...maybe I'm just used to it). Haven't had time off to explore a lot of the new functionality, but so far, the additions are amazing.

Back