7 3.93%
  • other

26 14.61%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What DAW are you using?

Thanks

What DAW are you using?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Since the previous poll was started in 2006 and DAWs have changed SO much in that time. Lets see what people are doing now!

And what do/don't you like about it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 902 Posts
    I'm still rocking ProTools.
    I love that it does everything I want it to do and does it well, but my wallet doesn't like the look of their new pricing system.

May be learning Reaper in the near future....we'll see.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    I have been a Cubase guy since I bought my first home interface that came with a limited version of it. Cubase LE4.

I worked in a studio with Protools DH setup and was not happy with the way it worked. It was cool to move forward from the Digital 8 Bus (D8B with DA 88's) crap we were using, but it left a bad taste in my head. Maybe I was just annoyed...

Whatever feels comfortable to the user is what is likely best. They all have the same capability as far as I know.
    The type of music being recorded or created will be more the deciding factor. Some work better for other genres or styles. Cubase likely has the best VST drum editor tho.

Pretty sure they all have demo versions. I tried Reaper and we just didn't get along. But I was already using Cubase so...

I don't recommend Cubase to others because I am not a fanboy of the product. I just got on with it myself. I do recommend it for friends if they want me to help them out free tho....
    Last edited by Steenamaroo; 11-02-2016 at 20:21.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    I don't recommend Cubase to others because I am not a fanboy of the product.
    I should have said, I'm the same with PT.
    I think it's too expensive and generally don't recommend it but I got a ridiculously good long term deal which, unfortunately, just ran out.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    I should have said, I'm the same with PT.
    I think it's too expensive and generally don't recommend it but I got a ridiculously good long term deal which, unfortunately, just ran out.
    The dark side of the force has controlled you. Come to the light side Paul! lol!
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Whatever feels comfortable to the user is what is likely best.
    Yeah that seems more or less true. I haven't tried all of these by any means but they seem a lot more alike than different.

Thanks
    I am still using a Tascam MX2424 hard disk recorder and the MX View software. When I export and mix on a DAW (which I sometimes do when not using the analog console) I am still using Sony Vegas as I know it inside out (I know it is for film editing, but before this back in the sonic foundry days it was a music software that could do film, I started on version B, god I am getting old LOL). Also use Magix Sequoia for mastering.

All this will change soon as I have been trying out Reaper, Presonus Studio, and Harrison Mixbus, but before I can change over I need to train myself up so that the client is not sitting around while I try to find out how it works LOL, this when I get time, did I say get time LOL. The change over will happen when the Windows 10 machine is built.

Alan.

Thanks
    I'm using Nuendo. I bought in when there was a big difference between it and cubase, and just kept upgrading. If I knew then what I know now, I would have just gone with cubase.
    Jay Walsh
    Farview Recording. I am also the forum spokesmodel for Terasyne Amplification

Thanks
    Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and sometimes Audition 3.0 for mixing. There is a built in fearture in CEP that no one else has that's worth its weight in gold. Its called "check this box to automatically correct for track DRIFT" which makes sure your separately recorded tracks are always in sync with each other, from start to finish. It's the most valuable feature I have ever seen. Even the newer Audition versions do not have it. In Adobes infinite wisdom they took it when the went to an all ASIO/USB driven platform, and with USB latency problems I would think it would prove to be very useful.

Thanks
    Reaper all the way. Has nothing to do with the price. Works perfect with my Zoom R24 and thousands of plug ins. We a-b'd Reaper vs Pro Tools and no audible difference. Mixed down both and let other listeners decide. 6 folks... 3 and 3. So... a draw.

Thread Information