What DAW do you use?

What DAW do you use ??

• Total voters
Long time Cubaser from the Steinherd here.

13 years and going strong. Never looked back.

It speaks to my inner workflow child.

Cheers :)

I started on Audacity, then moved to Sequel by Steinberg, upgraded to Cubase. But now I use Protools M-Powered which is my personal favorite.

I started with Steinberg Jones Pro tracks 24 (cubase) on an Atari 520st back in the 80's moved on through all versions and changed to a PC but I stop at SX 3 because it was the last version that will open all the last 25 years of Cubase songs that I have.

Cubase 6.5 Elements and Wavelab 7 with a bunch of waves plugins. Been using cubase since the first LE, fucking luv it!! In audio engineering class it was Pro-tools 7, but I really would like to try out Logic when ever I get a mac

I don't know if Elements has it, but the full version has Vari-Audio. That's what I use.

Long time Logic user (from back in the old windows Logic 5.5 days). i've dabbled in and out with pro tools, cubase, cakewalk, reaper, but always ended up coming back to Logic.

Krystal Audio, very simple and have had good luck with it. recording mainly acoustic instruments and vocal.

I get the vibe sometimes that peeps look down on FL Studio, and I only have the fruity edition and wouldn't know but doubt that i would use it for multi track recording, but as for just a DAW; why would you use anything else?

The program can literally do everything that you could ever possibly need anything to do. I've known about it, and used the demo for a couple years, and then finally purchased it (upgrading soon to producer.) The more I use the program the more excited about it I get because it is that powerful... it blows my mind.

Only considering reason above that, but that DAW; i tried to use it at school once, and it was very difficult to understand the interface. FL studio you just jump right into it.

Every time I use It blows my mind literally as to what it can do, and I have owned it for awhile now. After years of doing the old school way with an external multi track, and acoustic signals. If I wanted that sound I would still likely write it in FL studio first. Crazy program.

Switched from Audacity (Windows) to GarageBand a year ago, but still use Audacity for "pseudo-mastering" just because, I suppose. Working my way up to something that is more full-featured and will either go to Logic or may give Reaper a whirl since I do have both a Windows notebook and MacBook in front of me most of the time.

The "industry standard" is most definitely Pro Tools. Of course, it depends what industry you're talking about but in the Pro Audio community where commercial records are made, there is room for very little else. This has to do a lot with their heritage, their longevity, the fact that it was engineered in the USA, marketing hype, and the fact that many studios have been locked into the lifetime money pit that is Avid. It's just the sad state of the matter.

The other, if not the most important reason, is that professionals will work on Pro Tools because of session interchangeability. I'm sure a lot of them do pre-production or their composing on other DAWs but for the most part, Pro Tools is the DAW of choice.

It has nothing to do with "what's better". It has a LOT to do with "what's convenient".

Back