Waves AU plugins?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Quick question. I'll be getting a Mac soon. I'll be using Reason, but that DAW does not allow third party plug-ins so I'll just quickly transfer the tracks to Garageband to apply the effects I want. Now, Garageband only allows plug-ins to be in the AU format. Are my Waves plug-ins already all the formats available? Or are they only VST, and I have to download them again in a different format?

Waves have a separate authorisation tool for AU plugins which you need to run, but other than that, I'm pretty sure the Waves installer is good to go.
This information may even be out of date with their recent changes.

Simplest answer? Try it. :)

Well I have v8, which means I use the iLok. Does the authorization have to do with the iLok?

I don't have to buy this s*** again do I? lol :)

LOL. To be honest I'm not 100% clued in because Protools doesn't use AU, but two things I think I know

1: You don't have to buy them again.
2: The 'registration' tools doesn't register in that sense. It scans your computer and identifies what AU plugins are there.
I think this is useful to DAWS like logic, maybe?

I ran the tool and it gave a blurb like "This tools scans your waves folder for Au plugins and registers them. Use this when you install new plugins"

Great, thanks.

I'll probably contact Waves support if I run into any problems. I'm just excited for this switch from my Windows computer. I love that thing, but I just want a really dumbed down and quick computer. Will really help for radio. I'm going to have a show soon! YAY!

Really_2499da_370963.gif

I've already tried Reaper. I don't really like it.

I just wanted something to just, in a sense, go in quick and get out quick. I do most of my mixing in Reason 6.

Thanks though!

Back