Versions of Ableton Live: 9 & 10

I've not used Ableton and I think that I would like to use it at least experimentally and perhaps make it part of my work system (Studio One.) I would start with Intro version to see if I like it at all. I run Windows 7, so Live 10 and 9 are available, the latter at a store near me, boxed. The question is: which version is better? Newer is not always better, some versions of software (and hardware, for that matter) turn out to be home runs, others are little better than malware. So, is one any more stable and well-designed than the other?
Thanks for any input.

I have 8, 9 and just upgraded to 10. I don't use Ableton like it is designed, I use it mainly as a linear recording DAW. But, with a controller and some samples (you can record yourself), you can have some fun with it. I just don't usually record that way, but it is a great jam tool.

I can't say which is better, I just move on. The one thing I don't like about 10 is the way it copies and pastes. On 9, you highlighted, copied and pasted. Now it is allwonly. Hoping when 11 comes out, (next few months) that will get fixed. Really kills the work flow now.

I can't say which is better, I just move on. The one thing I don't like about 10 is the way it copies and pastes. On 9, you highlighted, copied and pasted. Now it is allwonly. Hoping when 11 comes out, (next few months) that will get fixed. Really kills the work flow now.

Thanks. I'm afraid that I don't know what "allwonly" means.

Thanks. I'm afraid that I don't know what "allwonly" means.

Back