Using 2 BCF2000 in BabyHui Mode in Pro Tools 12 on Windows 10

RecordingMaster

A Sarcastic Statement
Hi there,
Where mah Windows and Pro Tools guys at?!?! lol
HELP!...
I have had and used successfully 2 BCF2000 units for the last 6-7 years on my mid-2011 Apple imac. They worked great in getting me 16 channels of control faders (each unit was plugged into it's own USB port) in Pro Tools 9, 10 and 11. Well my imac died and now I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, and I upgraded to Pro Tools 12.4 Native.

On my new PC I downloaded the latest drivers i could find online (couldn't find them on Behringer website under BCF2000, only some other USB Audio Midi driver, but it wasn't for the BCF2000). The drivers I downloaded and installed say the following under Device Manager:
Driver Provider: Behringer
Driver Date: 12/15/2009
Driver Version: 1.0.10.0
Digital Signer: Ploytec GmbH

I originally just setting these up in PT on my PC without downloading or installaing any drivers...Windows auto-detected them plug and play. But after the units weren't working in PT, that's when I tried installing the drivers I talk about above.

I have what i believe to be the latest firmware on the BCF2000's...haven't changed it since I was using on the imac...V1.10

When i view "Bluetooth and Other Devices" in Windows 10 Settings, i see 2 instances of "BCF2000", so my computer appears to be seeing them.

Under "Device manager" in the Control Panel in Windows 10, i can see 2 instances of "B-CONTROL", and if i click each of them, it says "This device is working properly", so again, this leads me to believe my computer is seeing them.

I have both BCF2000's setup in BabyHui mode by holding down Solo button 5 upon boot up of each BCF2000.

When i launch Pro Tools 12 and click Setup>Peripherals, click "Midi Controllers" then select "HUI" as the Type, then click "Receive from", the only option i get is "BCF2000 (Emulated)". Then I click "Send to" and again the only option i get is "BCF2000 (emulated)" so i select that.

Now, i can't see a 2nd instance of BCF2000 for midi peripherals in Pro Tools 12 on Windows. Before I could on imac in PT9, 10 and 11, but now i can't.

The one BCF2000 works flawlessly inside Pro Tools. The other one can't be seen under PT peripherals (but the PC itself sees it).

What to do?

Please help as this has really interrupted my workflow.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am sure there are guys here that will come and help you but I would also post the problem over at soundonsound.com forum.

Guys like Pete from Scan are probably solving(if they can!) such problems as we speak since they are dedicated PC people.

Two other solution come to mind? You say one BCF works fine via USB but not the other, maybe feed the second into a modest AI with DIN ports?
Perhaps those clever MIDI people Kenton can help?

Just occured. Can you try the system on a Win7 machine? Would not surprised me if this was yet another W10 'F up!

Dave.

I am sure there are guys here that will come and help you but I would also post the problem over at soundonsound.com forum.

Guys like Pete from Scan are probably solving(if they can!) such problems as we speak since they are dedicated PC people.

Two other solution come to mind? You say one BCF works fine via USB but not the other, maybe feed the second into a modest AI with DIN ports?
Perhaps those clever MIDI people Kenton can help?

Just occured. Can you try the system on a Win7 machine? Would not surprised me if this was yet another W10 'F up!

Dave.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will post over there. As for AI and DIN, i don't know what any of that means. I know nothing about midi other than lug it in and hope it works. The extent of my midi experience is plugging in a Yamaha 90's keyboard that has a midi port, and using that for software instruments in Pro Tools. The only other experience I have is plugging in my 2 BCF2000's into my old imac and they worked. lol.

Also, no I can;t try them on a Win7 machine because that would defeat my goal of getting them to work on my current machine. Changing OS right now is not an option as I just spent 2 weeks installing and registering all my plugins on my new machine which works flawlessly otherwise.

---------- Update ----------

Behringer X-Touch Universal Control Surface at Gear4music

Looks as though the above has taken over from the BCF2000? No longer available from Sweetwater or Thomann.

Dave.

You are correct but I don't plan on getting the X touch when my 2 BCF's work(ed) just fine for many years on my imac. Just growing pains trying to get these to BOTH connect now and be seen in Pro Tools on PC.

Last edited:
"Audio Interface" friend. Google the Steinberg UR22. That will also show you the "DIN" ports, 5 pin connectors that carry MIDI data to and from devices such as your BFCFs. The interface then "talks" MIDI to the PC via USB. I know very little I am afraid but just wonder? You now have one BCF working and a second might work via an AI?

My reason for pointing out that the BCF2000 is no longer current was because support for it is now likely to be zero. I have its "mate" in my loft, the BCA2000 AI. A very decent and versatile bit of kit that has never quite been equalled at the price IMHO. Behringer dropped the device pretty quickly (reliability issues I suspect) and support along with it. Many companies in the PC (and mac!) audio industry do this and Behringer are one of the worst.

Dave.

I have since found this, Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000 |

It states that some drivers are only available via download and I am betting Bellringers won't help anymore with that. Probably won't help anyway but straws ARE being clutched here! If Bs won't help I bet there is a "BCF owner Club" out there somewhere and such peeps are usually only too happy to help a fellow user.

Now, looking at the back of the box in that review I cannot help but wonder if another opertional regime might work? If you had an AI with MIDI ports I am sure the setup would be..BCF1 MIDI thru to MIDI in of BCF 2. MIDI out of BCF2 into AI input. AI MIDI out into BCF1 MIDI input.

AFAIK (and that is not a lot!) that rig should allow both controllers to work in the software independantly of each other. In any case it can do no harm.

Dave.

Hmm, well I DO happen to have a Motu Fastlane 2x2 USB midi interface because my Motu 16a Thunderbolt interface oddly doesn't have midi ports. I wonder if that would work? I'd just have no freaking clue what to plug into what.

Hmm, well I DO happen to have a Motu Fastlane 2x2 USB midi interface because my Motu 16a Thunderbolt interface oddly doesn't have midi ports. I wonder if that would work? I'd just have no freaking clue what to plug into what.

Doesn't matter. You can plug MIDI stuff (and most audio) any which way you like. Might not work. Might go ape***t and scream the place down but it won't smoke. Do each pluggup with cold kit. Keep faders at min' then power up and advance levels slowly.

Did you seee the last reply form SoS?

Dave.

Back