Users of the Soundcraft M-series and the M-audio Delta series, please help!

brianXXX

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a Delta 44 and Soundcraft M4 mixer, but am a bit worried that the output volume from the mono channel strips might not be hot enough for the delta series. Has anyone used these together, and had you any problems with them.

The M4 also has a S/PDIF which is also catered for by the Delta 66. Anyone use S/PDIF to interface these two devices, and would it be worth getting the Delta 66 instead of the 44 in order to avail of this function.

Thanks all.

I use the A&H 16:2 Mix Wizard interfaced with the Delta 1010 and they match up in terms of I/O levels quite well. I don't think the Soundcraft will be that far off.

The levels should be fine. If you can afford the spdif connection you should get it. It would be helpfull for a lot of stuff down the road.

in what ways would the S/PDIF come in handy, besides sending the board mix to the soundcard...

Last edited:
There are a lot of devices with a spdif output in these day. For example I have my J-station hooked up to my Mia soundcard by using the spdif. You could in future buy a top class dualchannel preamp which has digital outs and hook it directly to your digtal input nad voila you record six inputs with a delta66 at same time...

which is nice....

oh Finland, oh Finland the place I quite like to be. (Monty Python)

Riku
:D

Riku, you lucky bastard, the only stuff about Belgium that Monty Python ever used was 'you fat miserable Belgian bastards:D

btw, I'm considering the same combination as brian, only I am thinking of a Delta 1010LE.

But I consider so many things, we'll see...

If you ever decide to upgrade to pro level DAC units then the SPDIF will give you a way to get the digital signal into your computer. As well as the many great pieces of gear that already have digital in/out.

Back