Usb Mixer vs Regular Mixer + Usb Audio Interface

Chrisk-K

I'm setting up my home studio and need to make a decision.

Option 1.
-Buy a usb 2.0 mixer like the Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0.

Option 2.
-Buy a conventional mixer (e.g., Yamaha or Mackie 10 channel mixer) and a usb audio interface like the Focusrite 2x6.

Either option would cost me about $250. Which one would you choose? I was leaning toward the Alesis until I read posts about its getting really hot after some use. I'm not aware of other usb 2.0 mixer.

Recording two tracks at 48kHz, 24 bit is all I need.

I'm setting up my home studio and need to make a decision.

Option 1.
-Buy a usb 2.0 mixer like the Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0.

Option 2.
-Buy a conventional mixer (e.g., Yamaha or Mackie 10 channel mixer) and a usb audio interface like the Focusrite 2x6.

Either option would cost me about $250. Which one would you choose? I was leaning toward the Alesis until I read posts about its getting really hot after some use. I'm not aware of other usb 2.0 mixer.

Recording two tracks at 48kHz, 24 bit is all I need.

The Alesis I had did not get hot, keep in mind - a conventional mixer will NOT give you multi-track recording! The Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 will give you 8 discreet tracks - a conventional mixer with a USB interface will give you only the 2 stereo out tracks. Even if that is all you need NOW - you might want it in the future if you really want to utilize the power of your mixer.

Read this: https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...ltitrack-computer-interface-recording-323561/

Back