USB 2.0 hubs, is there much of a difference?

SRR

Hay I need a cheap powered USB 2.0 hub, know of any cheap ones? That are decent or are they all decent? See all my cheap USB 1.0 hubs have never failed me, so I figure that might apply to 2.0 as well?

I've seen some very cheap ones which don't provide power to devices which may need it. Something to watch for if it's a concern.

Ya I have a 4 port unpowered $9 special from www.shop4tech.com , but I just got a 2GB USB drive and I think I need a powered model to insure data integrity both in transfers to and from. I could be wrong. Either way I would like a 4-8 ports, powered (meaning wall wart), and if it has half the ports on the back and the others on the front/top that would be great, oh and I want it all for five-dolla', ok maybe a little more then that, heck if all those features only come in at $39-$45 I guess a man has to do what a man has to do.

So I want something mid line to ???upper line??? USB 2.0 hub, not the original cheaper the better idea, that I had in the first post. If anyone has first hand or second hand or your wife's sister's boytoy's cousin's friend has knowledge on this let me know.

Mine is a 4 port hub that will run powered and unpowered. It has an ac in, plus the cable to connect to the PC is a Y cable with two USB ends, the second end is red and is to draw additional power only if you need it but can't connect the hub to ac power (very useful for laptops). I bought it two years ago but I am pretty sure it was around 25 bucks.

Back