UAD cards

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
Anyone have any idea how much these things cost? Ive looked and cant find a price at all.
Roughly how many cards would i need to power about 60-80 plug-ins? I know different plugs use diferent power amounts but just an average estimation will do.

Are UAD plug-ins nothing to do with VST or Direct-X? are they their own type of plug-in? Will UAD plugs work with Cubase SX and also will i be able to use Direct-X and VST plug-ins aswell.

Roughly how many cards would i need to power about 60-80 plug-ins? I know different plugs use diferent power amounts but just an average estimation will do.

Why'd y ou wanna go and do that? :eek:

The UAD cards only run their own built in fx or special ones that you buy seperately (all of which are great!). You wouldn't be able to run say a waves plugin from the UAD card... it don't work that way.

Why do you want to run so many plugins?? Ever heard of 'sends'??? :p

Both the TC Powercore stuff and the UAD cards are compatible with SX. They run from about £300 to £ashitload. :D

Thanks all. I have heard of an used sends but i prefer to not use them if i can so i get more individual control over things ie. plug-in automation of one track, compression attack settings etc. I will use sends to reverb for some tracks like all the drums sent to the same reverb.

I was kinda exagerating a little about the amount of plug-ins. Its just i want a decent powerfull computer that will be able to handle a good amount of plug-ins for like 24 tracks.

Back