turtle beach

ikiru

Ok, so i've been burning up my mind between analog and digital...I do like analog sound better...especially high end stuff..which i can't afford(photography is my more serious hobby...those ziess lens take there toll on the pocket book)...I currently have a soundblaster awe32...which i know sucks some ass as far as noise...so i'm thinking rather than buy a casset four track i may but a soundcard and a mic pre...i've noticed some turble beach cards for cheap...especially the Pinnacle..which seems to have 20/44.1hz a/d d/a coverters...this sounds pretty nice to me...not quite a delta 66 but a step up..one thing that turns me off is the 1/8" jacks....what do you guys think??waste of time? or possible better solution to a cheap four track?

thanks

I remember the Pennacle Project Studio being a decent card, but I think it used ISAslots instead of PCI slots.....

I've used the turtle beach pinnacle. It 'was' a good card at the time. These days you would be better of picking up an SBlive! or such. Not 20bit, but low enough noise floor for demos. 1/8" is a drag, but you can work around it with a 1/8" to 1/4" Y cord.

Anyone have experience with the Turtle Beach santa cruz card? on the audio beanch mark site it blows the sblive out of the water (as does the pinnacle). It is only bettered by cards such as the echo's and delta's...which are a good step better...It has two stereo line ins...that can be used at once...too good to be true???it is also pci (i have a ton of empty pci slots)
thanks.

santa cruz

ive got to hand it to the santa cruz. its the only card with 4 inputs and 4 outputs that have 18 bit conversion in and 20 bit out for a 69.00 price tag.

im shopping for a card to replace my sblive and its a good canidate and it would be perfect if there was a daughter card with optical out for this but i cant find one online.

i have another good canidate in the x-wave elite optical by yamaha. d/a conversion is a mystery with that card. but the optical out would transfer my drum loops from acid perfectly. the midi functions for my keyboards would have xg an advantage. but out of my korg d8 hard disk i need to go analog to use my huge effects rack so d/a conversion has to be good quality like 20bit or more to feed the burner. but the list of specs dont list d/a conversion. which tbeach has in spades.

help me?!?!

If it's got 1/8" mini-plug inputs it's a piece of SHIT. Period.
I've got the Montego and it's a pretty good card, noise-floor wise, but the miniplugs put it in a class way below what it otherwise would've been.
Get a Darla and be done with it. You won't regret it.

darla no opt out no midi but good a/d d/a

sorry ive only got one pci slot and a hard disk that puts darla to shame sorry. even the core 2 has optical but im not recording on my computer just seqencing and burning cds m audio audiophile isbetter at a/d and is half the price.

good advice for the daw but my situation requires

optical out for exporting loops from acid

midi for seqencing my synths

a/d converters of a higher resolution than 16 bit so i can go through my very expensive and elaborate effects rack.

so only one sound card has fit all these and its the yamaha xwave optical. which is unavailible for some reason.

i want it all in one sound card is that too much to ask?

Back