Trying to read audio interface block diagram

Meridian

I'm new at this, so please bear with me. I'm trying to see if the Tascam US-1200 has a preamp bypass on the balanced TRS inputs. Nothing turned up in a google search, but I did find the Owner's Manual on the Tascam site which has a block diagram. I found the section showing the Line Inputs (see attached pic), but for the life of me I can't find anything describing what those particular symbols represent other than the sideways triangle is an amplifier.

Is there some kind of specific audio electronic symbol reference I can use to interpret the diagram? (Or, even better, can anyone tell me by looking at it if the inputs bypass the preamp? I suspect they do not, but I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to know.)

Many thanks for the help.

Attachments

• US1200 Block.png
    US1200 Block.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 16
It looks like the line and instrument inputs share a preamp. The box that says HiZ is the high impedance load for raw magnetic pickups. That sideways triangle is a (pre-)amplifier. The circle with the arrow is the gain control. The other circle with the upside-down triangle with the arrows coming off it is a light emitting diode. The box that says ADC is the analog to digital converter.

It looks like the line and instrument inputs share a preamp. The box that says HiZ is the high impedance load for raw magnetic pickups. That sideways triangle is a (pre-)amplifier. The circle with the arrow is the gain control. The other circle with the upside-down triangle with the arrows coming off it is a light emitting diode. The box that says ADC is the analog to digital converter.

Thank you, Boulder!

Back