Trying to get Reason 4 midi drum tracks to play through Superior Drummer 2?

thecouchonfire

Hi, I've been using Reason 4 for a fairly long time, and in light of all the hype surrounding Superior Drummer 2.0, I decided to hop on the bandwagon. I know that there are instructional videos for SD2.0 as well as EZplayer pro, but nothing is helping me with the following problem:

I write my drum tracks using the Redrum kits of Reason 4, and I'm trying to get the midi tracks to play with the correct instruments in EZplayer pro, but I simply have no clue how to accomplish this.

I've tried:
1. Exporting the whole song as a midi file, and what I hear is: bass drum for bass drum; rimshot for the snare, snare brush for tom 1; etc.

2. Exporting each individual track in reason (singling out the snare midi notes & exporting, singling out tom midi notes & exporting, etc.); But I just get the same thing, and I can't adjust the instruments so to speak.

I would be extremely grateful if someome were to point me in the right direction, as I feel like I've run out of options.

Thanks!

Also, Logic Express 8 is my DAW, and I am aware of how to run SD2.0/EZplayer pro through Logic via AU instrument in Logic.

Here is a link to my solo work if you're interested as well... soundcloud[dot]com/thecouchonfire

it wont matter what you do when exporting it...it appears that they use slightly different midi notes to trigger each drum..

the only way around it would be to export the individual drums midi and nudge it up or down the virtual keyboard until it triggered the appropriate drum in SD2

it wont matter what you do when exporting it...it appears that they use slightly different midi notes to trigger each drum..

the only way around it would be to export the individual drums midi and nudge it up or down the virtual keyboard until it triggered the appropriate drum in SD2

Huh, good call, I don't know why that didn't occur to me... thanks.

Back