Troubleshooting U-Control UCA222

hansgerber

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem with my Behringer U-Control UCA222 or if I'm just doing something wrong. It seems like I can't get any sound to come through the "Right" input channel; signal seems to come through the left one no problem. I used instruments and cables that worked on the left input channel, switched them over to the right, and nothing. I'm trying to record using Audacity. I'm pretty sure at this point it's a hardware problem with my U-Control, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas before I take it up with Behringer. Thanks!

It could be a setting in Audacity that is not seeing the Right channel, you may have the recording input set only to Left. Maybe the track is mono and the input is left, if you want stereo then set the track up as a stereo track and select both channels of the UCA222. I don't know enough about Audacity to tel you more.

Alan.

What Alan said ^^ is my guess as well. I'd put my money on Audacity recording and playing back through just the left channel

As attached you mean chaps?

I am on my third UCA (son keeps blagging them off me!) and none have ever given the slightest trouble. You have to set them up a'right in Windows sounds to get the best results but that goes for most non-ASIO USB interfaces.

For the money they are pretty good for tape or vinyl dubbing duties and way better than most MOBO sound cards for playback quality.

Dave.

Attachments

• UCA MONO.png
    UCA MONO.png
    66 KB · Views: 54
Back