Trouble shooting burning problems

pisces7378

Hey,

I have been writing a ton of new material lately and have come up with at least a CD's worth of stuff. However, I cannot for the life of me get it to be burned to CD.

I have at the moment a Fujitsu/Siemens PC with a Pent III 933mHz, 128MB RAM, normal speed off the shelf 60GB HDD. I am running Logic Audio Platinum version 5.1.3 (and it was legitimately purchased, so the problem cannot be some problem with a crack).

My CD burner came with the PC, it is a Samsung CD-RW. (can't remember what speeds at the moment).

The burning software is something like Easy CD Creator (some "user friendly" twirpy program).

Now...

If I am copying a normal Audio CD, like a James Taylor CD or whatever, then everything works fine.

If I download MP3s from file sharing sites and burn those to CD, then everything works fine.

If I make a compilation CD from several CD's (i.e track one: Smashing Pumpkins, track two: Britney Spears) then everything works fine.

If I burn a Data CD then everything works fine.

BUT...

When I take a bounced down .wav file from Logic Audio and try to burn it to CD, something goes wrong!!!
The finished CD sounds like it is being played by a robot. It sounds like the "Bit-crusher" plug in has been applied to the whole song. For those who do not know what the Bit crusher plug in sounds like, it literally sounds like one of those old Speak and Spell robots talking.

Now... what makes it strange is, If I play the exact same .wav file through Windows Media Player, then it sounds perfect, exactly like it should. But somehow it gets all screwed up with the CD burning software. When I click on "Add track to CD Track List" in the CD burning software, then I have the oppertunity to "audition" the track for a few seconds, I guess just so that people can be sure that is the right song, before they burn it. And when I audition the track, then a small little media player (not Windows Media Player, but some little cheap one from the burning software) and when I hear it through there, then the song already has this exact same noisy sound.

I do not have access to any other CD burning program, otherwise I would have already de-installed the Easy Creat-a-CD shite and experimented with another software.

Now, if I burn the Logic .wav file to a CD as DATA rather than as audio, it will burn. But it will not play in a normal CD player. HOWEVER, I did that, and took the data CD to another PC, and tried to play it through Windows Media Player there... and it worked perfectly without the noise.

What is this shit? How can the software tell the difference between a .wav file that was produced by Logic Audio and a .wav file that downloaded from the internet? I thought a .wav file was a .wav file. I have tried everything. I have converted the .wav file from Logic into a MP3 and tried to burn the MP3, but even the MP3 from the Logic .wav file get all screwed up.

Any suggestions?

Mike

PS... Sorry I know this thread is kind of all over the place, but I am a bit frustrated.

I'm facing a terrible problem with my Easy CD Creator, too, so I've hit on a novel solution: Don't use it! Mine does not even accept .wav files as valid audio files. The shittiest piece of software I've ever had the pleasure to use.

Try the freeware version of Musicmatch Jukebox. It'll let you burn dandy CDs from MP3 or Wav files. I haven't had a single coaster.

Windows Media Player 8 or the one that ships with XP (7, I think) should work OK for this too.

Sang

From your list of stuff that DOES burn fine I'd venture to say that your .wav files have a sampling rate or sample size that is incorrect.

Make sure your .wav files are in 16 bit/44.1KHz format!!!

While I'm less than impressed with the new ver of EZ CD Creator (ver5) when compared to Ver3 (which won't seem to run on my XP system) it does work. And while it's been stripped of jewel case graphics capability- it did add audio ripping capability.

Back