Trouble with recording - Audition 2018

Marek Sustacek

Hello,

I have a trouble with recording on Adobe Audition cc 2018.
I generate a rhythm track and when I want to record guitar, sometimes the rhythm lags and it records a silent "pop" into the guitar track.

I´m using AKAI eie pro and laptop HP Pavilion with Intel i7-7700HQ 2,80GHz, RAM 8GB.

The RAM looks to be used from about 30%, I have a plenty of space on SSD disk.

If there is someone, who can help, thanks a lot.

Hello,

I have a trouble with recording on Adobe Audition cc 2018.
I generate a rhythm track and when I want to record guitar, sometimes the rhythm lags and it records a silent "pop" into the guitar track.

I´m using AKAI eie pro and laptop HP Pavilion with Intel i7-7700HQ 2,80GHz, RAM 8GB.

The RAM looks to be used from about 30%, I have a plenty of space on SSD disk.

If there is someone, who can help, thanks a lot.

I wanted to buy an EIE pro when they were first announced but the support, manuals etc was crap at first and never got any better!

Since then the interface has never really lived up to its promises AFAICS? What I mean is, you read almost nothing about them but when you do it always seems a negative? Driver issues, latency.

I can only suggest the "usuals". Download the latest ASIO drivers (the first dld could have been corrupted|). Make sure Windows sounds are off. Disable the internal soundcard in Device Manager.

BTW. HTF do you HEAR a "silent pop"?!

Dave.

My pops were always from leaving WIFI and other crap on...other software things going on, firewalls, etc...CPU interrupted.And like ecc mentioned the turning off of the Windows Mixer and only having your "one feed" of sound is required.

This thread got me checking my Latency on Guitar Dry T1 & running through PodFarm FX and AmpSim stereo T2....its 1ms between the two per the waveform/timestamp. This is an old Line6UX8 interface on a cheap pc Windows 10.
Driver operating at 44100/32bit and buffer 512 / bit depth 24. I dont really do anything fancy but I also record one thing at a time here in HR land...not doing 12 drum mics or anything.

Attachments

• Latency Check.png
    Latency Check.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
Add to the others, WiFi and ASIO buffer settings. But not sure if they are still calling it that.

My Presonus USB utility calls it Safe Mode, my Tascam uses a different terminology. If it gives you numbers, usually a 512 or 256 settings get you pretty good without pops. I would think with the system you described you should get at least that. If it uses a description, standard, low, lowest something along those lines.

Experiment with it. Once you get it right, you won't have to deal with it again unless you change something on your computer, then ???

Back