Tascam US122 left channel noise issues

Destroid

Whenever I use this to record, there's a constant hiss from the left channel whether I have a mic plugged in there or not. Currently the only way for me to record is to plug something into "Insert L" then record from the right Channel, which is awkward.

I think this may be a common problem - was there ever a solution found? It could be something a simple as a connection that needs resoldering.

What should I do? I bought it second hand off a guy who's quite a bit away. Just I juse use the right input? Is there any way to fix a dodgy pre? Wouldn't it just be a transistor or something simple like that?

I do not know if this applies to you, but I have the US-428 (the big big brother) and I ran into two issues with noise on mine. One was simply a bad instrument cable. Yeah thats right, something as simple as an instrument cable can give you lots of grief, and you will spend hours troubleshooting your PC, DAW, and software just to figure that on out. The other was a MIDI cable. I would have never guessed it, but it caused a very noisy hiss. Removed the cable- hiss is gone. Maybe this applies and maybe it doesn't, but there is no such thing as TMI on these DAWs. Good luck with your unit, I hope you love it as much as I do mine.

I do not know if this applies to you, but I have the US-428 (the big big brother) and I ran into two issues with noise on mine. One was simply a bad instrument cable. Yeah thats right, something as simple as an instrument cable can give you lots of grief, and you will spend hours troubleshooting your PC, DAW, and software just to figure that on out. The other was a MIDI cable. I would have never guessed it, but it caused a very noisy hiss. Removed the cable- hiss is gone. Maybe this applies and maybe it doesn't, but there is no such thing as TMI on these DAWs. Good luck with your unit, I hope you love it as much as I do mine.

The unit produces the noise even without a cable plugged in.

http://www.box.net/shared/2odbz625az

Back